Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iOS 5 Beta 1 vs iOS 5 beta 2 vs iOS 5 beta 3

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default iOS 5 Beta 1 vs iOS 5 beta 2 vs iOS 5 beta 3

Hi guys,

lately the forum seems dead to me, so i start this post with iOS 5
    I know the main different between the iOS beta 1 vs beta 2, but anyone have installed the beta 2 ? i found the beta 1 pretty decent and i dont want to update ... i dont find something attractive to go for the beta 2... so
    Lets start the chat! =)

Any suggestion?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 854 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

XtrlRulz, we need you here everyday posting as I am and you will see others do the same. Lead by example!

I have installed iOS 5 beta 2 and find that it is less buggy. Some of my apps seems to be working better and crashing less. But they probably need updating anyway.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

=) i will try, sometimes i do a post and found myself alone, like noones is around as we use to in the past... lets do it!!!

btw, yes, i got the iOS 5 beta 1 and is a little buggy but overall better than 4.3.3 ... i dont want to update to iOS beta 2 because i feel like there is not different or a clear one ... btw, have you notice that when hit certain key the iOS hit another one ? like B the iOS send V ...

The twitter intergration is great, i havent jailbreak mine, i did once and i dont know why but once i did it keeps giving me error after that so i did a clean install again and set the iOS5 again without redsn0w...

Btw, after the jailbreak i notice that all the apps after that was like the iphone apps view on the ipad ( smaller than it suposse to be )...

Whatelse.... Notification system is great, i see that beta 2 got the slider bar to reply,, but that's something that should be customizable ...

another thing that i read is that iMessage is not going to work anymore ? on beta 2 ? because right now i got everything working.. icloud, imessage, facetime, everything...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by XtrlRulz View Post
    =) i will try, sometimes i do a post and found myself alone, like noones is around as we use to in the past... lets do it!!!
    Unfortunately there are many hours during the day when we have mostly visitors and few members. But we get well over 1000 visitors every day. As long as that happens, I know the forum is very active although there is not as much posting as I would like. Anyway......

The slide to open apps via the lockscreen with the new notification system is awesome. It's very convenient as it takes you directly to the app.

I haven't gotten a chance to test iMessage because I don't know anyone else running iOS 5 at the moment!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hahaha, shame on you,,, i've been using it since the day it came out... its awesome ... hit me to my email u know which one it is... and yeap, i know the slide to open on the beta 1 is awesome, but i saw at the new beta 2 that now the main slide bar is replace to "reply" icon... which means u actually slide the main bar to go to the app, not the tiny that it was on beta 1...

=)

Lets keep the forum up, so others can see...

Btw, something that my iOS5 is not letting me is to add ringtones... dont know why... and on 3GS the bluetooth of a friend is not working properly on the car...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just checked mine and I don't have my ringtones either. I'm going to try to add them to see what happens.

Edit:
    I was able to add my ringtones without any issue.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

iMessage sounds very interesting guys. Can you shed more info about it?? Thanks!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

iMessage is just like the SMS messages on your iPhone except that you don't use your cell phone plan for the messages. You can send messages just like SMS between other iOS 5 users for free. Also, it works with iPod Touches since you can use your email address (similar to how FaceTime works).

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

But is free only between IOS 5?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

exactly, its free between iOS 5 device, and even the facetime get activate by itself, you dont have to use "miitime" thing... =) on iOS5 things are more simple =)

Thread Information