Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downgrade from iOS4 to 3.1.3 and jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3G

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Mr.omg for this guide .. cuz it come's in the time i need .
    but still have a problem how do you know that this is just for the 3g iphone ? ! cuz i just updated my iphone 3gs to the new frimware 4OS .
    and i;m searching for a jailbreak and unlock for it or a another way to get my iphone back to the old firmware .. ( i'm trying but i didn;t got any thing helpful yet . )
    so i need to ask you if that work on the iphone 3Gs with the new firmware ..
    if not will continue my way searching and when i will find it i will make a thread and will pot it here .
    Thank you again mr.omg

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did this last night on buddy of mine's 3G and I just want to quickly report that some things have changed since this guide was originally written so proceed with caution. This change depends on your system configuration and iTune updates you have made so far.

Few things to note.:

Everything is fine until iTunes reports an error in step 3 or 4. Next step should be blackra1n, but it's not.

- blakra1n doesn't work with itunes 9.1 or above. It spits out some kind of dll error. Can't remember what it was any more but I got it on three different computers. So the phone is stuck on recovery mod. I have found this cool little app called RecBoot that will kick it out.

- RecBoot can be find HERE for windows. This tool does not work on 64 bit systems so if you have multi tread processor with Win Vis or 7 64, don't bother. Also you have to have .net 4.0 to run it. Luckily I had an old 32 bit laptop laying around and this worked perfectly. (if you have 32 bit vista or 7, you might need to run it in compatibility mode)

- After RecBoot kicks the phone out, your phone is stuck on activation screen. Per MaXimus, you got to plug you phone into iTunes few times until it gets registered and off emergency only calls.

- Next Jailbreakme.com and ultrasnow and you are done.

It was 2 hour pain

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 854 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for updating us omakad!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

i use iphone 3G with 4.2.1 IOS can i use this procedure to downgrade it to 3.1.3............is this all i need or ???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 854 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

This should work for you.

Thread Information