Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyfix - Fixes Cydia's corrupted repo errors Latest version v1.4b

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Cyfix - Fixes Cydia's corrupted repo errors Latest version v1.4b

Cyfix fixes those user-generated errors you get on Cydia when you enter a wrong repository URL. The repository may be dead, protected against you, or simply misspelled, resulting in errors each time you refresh, add sources, and/or uninstall sources. Sometimes these sources don't appear in the Sources list within the Cydia app GUI, so the regular user couldn't even uninstall the offending repository even if he wanted to.

Now with Cyfix, you run the script (requires root login) in terminal and enter the URL of the offending repository, and Cyfix will remove all traces of the repository from Cydia.

How to use:
    Place the cyfix script in /usr/bin on your iDevice and chmod it to 775. Log into root and type 'cyfix' into mobileTerminal to run. Enter the repo URL at the prompt and wait.

Options: -h for help, -u for updates, any other for credits.

Secretss - Dev. from Cyfix
    MadHouse - for the help with sed /start/,/stop/
    Helpmy360isEMO - for pointing Secretss to plutil

If you're curious about where the script finds its food, the locations are:
    /var/lib/apt/lists
    /var/lib/apt/lists/partial
    /var/lib/cydia/metadata.plist
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list
    summing up to a total of 5 places to look into.

Download Cyfix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1838452/cyfix

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FreakyReflex For This Useful Post:

aussietanker (10-20-2010),HallCrash (02-20-2012),maXimus (04-06-2010)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for that Freaky!! can you be more easy with the instructions ??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 851 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

A much easier fix than looking for each of them!

Brewed with Pure Rocky Mountain Spring Water
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree, looks like an easy fix.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyReflex View Post
    Cyfix fixes those user-generated errors you get on Cydia when you enter a wrong repository URL. The repository may be dead, protected against you, or simply misspelled, resulting in errors each time you refresh, add sources, and/or uninstall sources. Sometimes these sources don't appear in the Sources list within the Cydia app GUI, so the regular user couldn't even uninstall the offending repository even if he wanted to.

Now with Cyfix, you run the script (requires root login) in terminal and enter the URL of the offending repository, and Cyfix will remove all traces of the repository from Cydia.

How to use:
    Place the cyfix script in /usr/bin on your iDevice and chmod it to 775. Log into root and type 'cyfix' into mobileTerminal to run. Enter the repo URL at the prompt and wait.

Options: -h for help, -u for updates, any other for credits.

Secretss - Dev. from Cyfix
    MadHouse - for the help with sed /start/,/stop/
    Helpmy360isEMO - for pointing Secretss to plutil

If you're curious about where the script finds its food, the locations are:
    /var/lib/apt/lists
    /var/lib/apt/lists/partial
    /var/lib/cydia/metadata.plist
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list
    summing up to a total of 5 places to look into.

Download Cyfix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1838452/cyfix

Hi ... and thanks for posting this info here to help those of us that struggle with this technical stuff, but still want to get rid of the error meassages ....

i have used thsi guide along with some others to successfully change my default password on my iphone 4 etc ... but am having trouble getting this cyfix working correctly .... i am on a pc with xp pro ...

this is the bit that i dont know how to do ...

Place the cyfix script in /usr/bin on your iDevice and chmod it to 775.

could you pls be more specific in how to do this on a pc ... ie ...

when i download cyfix as per your link my pc doesnt know what program to use to open it - i used the regular notepad but am uncertain as to ...

1. do i paste the "whole thing", "lock stock and barrel" into notepad ... ie is any of the text 'introductory" or "explanatory" .... does it need to be edited at all ... so say i save it as a notepad file,

2. do i need to give it a specific name???

3. do i just then use winscp to transfer the notepad text to the /usr/bin folder on my device ...

4. and what exactly is this and how do i do that .... "and chmod it to 775."

sorry bout all th equestions ... i think that i can do the rest if i can get these questions answered ..

thanks for your patience and help

regards
    at

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

You have to connect to your phone with WinSCP and put the file in that location. Then you right click it and change the permissions to 775.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    You have to connect to your phone with WinSCP and put the file in that location. Then you right click it and change the permissions to 775.

Thank You for that ... i have move the file into the correct location .... but when i rright click i do not get an option to save permissions .... the only options are >> Open, Edit, Copy, Duplicate, Move, Move To, Delete, Rename ... then there is aline, and below the line are th efollowing options>> custom commands ( execute, touch, tar, untar .. etc etc ) File Names and Properties ... there is no obvious option to change permissions to 775

but on the bright side, i can see that all the other files have a row of little letters like r x after there name over on th eRHS of the viewing pane etc etc ... i am guessing that they have something to do with this permissions thing

again, thanks for your patience

regards
    at

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker View Post
    but on the bright side, i can see that all the other files have a row of little letters like r x after there name over on th eRHS of the viewing pane etc etc ... i am guessing that they have something to do with this permissions thing
    Those are the permissions. Just check them all then log into Terminal, go to that location and run the script and let it work.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Could you put the cyfix script in a zip file?

I tried to downloading cyfix on windows using a few diffrent browsers and buy the time it got to the specified 'bin' folder the formatting got all messed up and it was throwing invalid Char errors and the like. I ended up writing a VBscript file to download it in bionary so i could put the file on the phone via WinSCP. I did try to download the file on the iphone with Safari DLM and I had no luck. I could upload the script to download the file but that seems silly. can you just put it in a Zip or RAR?

thanks

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you right-clicking and saving it?

Thread Information