Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Motorola Q 9h ROM Collection - 3G is W2100 only!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by powx84 View Post
    I think its better if the roms could be sorted by categories (locked,unlocked or by region).
    It will be easier for newbies like me to know which one to flash.

This is my first post in this community by the way
    Welcome to the Forum.
    I understand why you make the suggestion.
    However, IMO, the global nature of the distribution and utilization of these devices and variety of band withs and features offered within different countries by different carriers means that there is no 'standard' region.

Also, without meaning to be unkind, (and not wishing to deter you from future posting), you would best be served by understanding what you need for your phone and then finding a ROM which will do the job. Flashing new firmware to your phone is exciting, but not without risk. Best to have a really good 'feel' for what you're doing before going down that road. Once you do, you'll see which ROM's will suit your needs.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok.Its just a suggestion only.

I have a question.I've flashed the Euro 6.1 rom,which is nice.
    What if one day i wanna flash my original rom.Which one should i use.My Q9h is a Singapore version.

Here is the detail of my original rom taken from RSD:
    Technology: Dual Mode UMTS
    Software Version: MODEM4_U_40.03.07R_01
    Flex Version: USNORMANRTSGR2W611A00C
    Bootloader Version: 03c0
    DRM Version: 20070425

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I have ROM from Q9h with WiFi

Folks,

I am the lucky purchaser of a wifi-enabled Q9h. some observations:

1) This phone is running Windows Mobile 6.1. Surprised me (maybe it shouldn't have)...it means that someone somewhere actually made a wifi-enabled version of the Q9h 6.1 load.

2) Speaking of which...this ROM is totally debranded, right down to the power up/power down splash screens, and the "hello moto" ringtone. No AT&T bloatware at all. This by itself might make some folks on this board happy, even if the ROM doesn't magically enable wifi on regular Q9hs.

Following instructions on this thread here: http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mo...-rom-28242.html I was able to create a .bin file, along with an uncompressed file system dump. What I don't know is how to make either of those into an .SBF file that will work with RSD.

If anyone would like to download the files and try to work with them:

The .bin file is here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/2109235...fs_raw_data.bin

the full dump is here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/210924927/dump.zip

Good luck...let me know if you have success loading either of these onto your Q

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quantify For This Useful Post:

IOZ (05-18-2009)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

yesterday i downloaded the new firmware for my phone using the motorola update tool. for some reason the tool was not able to upgrade/flash the phone.

I then used RSD Lite 3.7 and flashed the phone manually. The program had downloaded the following firmware:
    SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01.07.28R_MODEM4_U_40.03.05R_USNO RMANRTESR2W611A018_1FF-RDROQWERTYES_2092073998

for some reason I see no difference in my phone.

How can I check if this is really WM6.1?

phone is working fine though.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kikkegek View Post
    yesterday i downloaded the new firmware for my phone using the motorola update tool. for some reason the tool was not able to upgrade/flash the phone.

I then used RSD Lite 3.7 and flashed the phone manually. The program had downloaded the following firmware:
    SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01.07.28R_MODEM4_U_40.03.05R_USNO RMANRTESR2W611A018_1FF-RDROQWERTYES_2092073998

for some reason I see no difference in my phone.

How can I check if this is really WM6.1?

phone is working fine though.
    it wasn't WM6.1. It was a WM 6.0 ROM.

This morning I downloaded
    SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01_10_05R_MODEM4_U_40_11_40R_12_U SNORMAN25RTDER2W611A002_1FF-Enterprise-German_3801569218.rar

Flashed it using RSD lite 4.1 succesfully. rebooted and voila!!!

WM 6.1 working just fine. I only have the mixed y and z problem. But I saw there is a fix for this on this forum. So this shoud be no biggie!

thanks a lot!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 854 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

We're glad to help!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Hi Guys,

I have an unlocked moto q 9h, I live in Costa Rica (central america) we use GSM unlocked phones only, i will love to have my q9h updated to wm6.1 this is my phone info so you guys can recomendme please the file i should download,thank for your help

APFLEX NANORMANDISTCORE00008
    bpflex USNORMANSUNUSR2W611A002

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Quantify View Post
    Folks,

I am the lucky purchaser of a wifi-enabled Q9h. some observations:

1) This phone is running Windows Mobile 6.1. Surprised me (maybe it shouldn't have)...it means that someone somewhere actually made a wifi-enabled version of the Q9h 6.1 load.

2) Speaking of which...this ROM is totally debranded, right down to the power up/power down splash screens, and the "hello moto" ringtone. No AT&T bloatware at all. This by itself might make some folks on this board happy, even if the ROM doesn't magically enable wifi on regular Q9hs.

Following instructions on this thread here: http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mo...-rom-28242.html I was able to create a .bin file, along with an uncompressed file system dump. What I don't know is how to make either of those into an .SBF file that will work with RSD.

If anyone would like to download the files and try to work with them:

The .bin file is here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/2109235...fs_raw_data.bin

the full dump is here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/210924927/dump.zip

Good luck...let me know if you have success loading either of these onto your Q
    I was surprised!
    I tried to execute an instruction http://www.everythingq.com/ ..., but I am having difficulty (Alert PROCREAD.exe is not a valid Windows CE application).
    Can you help?

I do not understand what the essence of the procedure. First, do dump, then? ..

And where to run the command?:
    prepare_imgfs.exe Part02.raw-nosplit
    viewimgfs.exe imgfs_raw_data.bin

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone ever seen a ROGERS RETAIL Firmware?? ala the one that came with the phone?

there is boot-loader.com I assume this is for professional repair centres to get dongles and roms? I cant see this being worth while for the hacker.

I have a q9h updated to the att 6.1.. but I would like to have the retail rom so I can go back if I find I am not happy after all is said and done.

Thanks

James

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Someone can tell me which ROM should i use to reprogram my Rogers Q9h (I'm in Canada). My Q9h as 3G and GPS and i need them and it is unlocked.

I need to know which ROM is the good one (wm6.1 +gps and 3G, unlocked) compatible with my carrier in Canada.

Thanks for your support guys !

Thread Information