Thread: Phone was Stolen?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Phone was Stolen?

As some of you may know, I bought a Moto Evoke phone from a guy on craigslist. It was locked, thankfully with your help I was able to get past that by reading the appropriate seem. I had called the day after I bought the phone and Cricket support told me the ESN was good to use on my account but I didn't wanna add it till I had unlocked it.

I tried adding it last night and I was told by customer service that there was a problem adding it to my account and I would need to go to the Cricket store so they could do it. They didn't tell me the reason wny but I have a feeling it was because the ESN.

I don't know my options. If I go to Cricket, I don't want them to say the phone is stolen and keep it. I also heard that its possible to change the ESN but I don't know the method. Any ideas where I can go from here? Thanks for all yalls help. Take care.

Brewed with Pure Rocky Mountain Spring Water
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I doubt they will keep it. Changing the ESN is really difficult on those phones (its also not exactly legal). You might be SOL.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 854 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

The only person that I know that has the know-how to change an ESN is Rayborn, but unfortunately I haven't seen him for a while.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I see. Rayborn is a cool dude, I remember both you and him helped me with ROKR back when this wasn't iPhoneModding :p

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update:
    Called cricket again and checked ESN. They state it was not stolen but that the phone is still in the store's inventory. They need me to go to a cricket store so they can remove it from the inventory and it can be activated.

Thing is, I dont have a receipt and I don't know this guys name/number for me to give them. I doubt they'll just clear it out for me. This guy got me good. Any suggestions? Thanx and take care.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seems to me you have two options: Bring the phone in to the store and see what happens; or bring it back to the guy you bought it from and see if you can get your money back.
    If you do nothing, you still don't have a phone.

The phone still being in the store's invetory sounds like a BS answer to me....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 854 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Based on that info, I think I would avoid taking it to the store. If it is indeed still showing as in the inventory, the phone could be stolen and they can legally take it back from you (unless you have a receipt of course).

Brewed with Pure Rocky Mountain Spring Water
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agreed. I would find the guy you got it from and kick his ***.

Thread Information