Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: How to create a Cydia Repository

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

could you please show me how to make a download count page or pm me admin@isn0wed.co.cc

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 854 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

I saw your PM. If you want to add a logo, you just need to make sure that it is no more than 300px wide since the screen is 320px. If you follow my instructions about renaming it logo.png, and place it in the images folder, it should work fine.

As for the download count, it's actually a custom PHP script. You actually have to be running .php instead of .htm. You'll have to Google (or Bing) how to do it.

Going to add your repo now. Thanks for letting me see the fruits of my labor!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have made my own repo, and it works -> it shows up regulary in cydia, but when I wont to download something it shows "Size Mismatch" error. I tried regular and unix size but it's the same.

Size of the .deb file:

Packages file:

I tried to edit size code with, but there is always the same error:
    Code:
    Size: 30884
    Code:
    Size: 30000
    Code:
    Size: 32768
    Code:
    Size: 320
    Code:
    Size: 32
    Plese HELP!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your size mismatch error is probably because you've replaced a .deb file on the repo after running the packages file. The .deb files on your that you use to build the Packages file have to be the exact same ones on your repo or you will get that error. Each time you update your repo, you must upload the entire thing, overwriting existing files.

At this point you have two choices:
    1. Delete all of .deb files, delete the Package file and delete the Package.gz file from your computer, download them all from your repo and run the scanpackages again to rebuild the new Packages file, then create the new Packages.gz and upload everything back to the repo, overwriting everything there, or
    2. Run the scanpackages again with the current .deb files you have to rebuild the new Packages file, then create the new Packages.gz and upload everything to the repo, overwriting the existing ones.
    Do not try to manipulate the numbers. It won't work!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maXimus For This Useful Post:

Aqua Sta (01-06-2010),boys19899 (06-08-2011),Vendeta34 (07-15-2011)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. It worked!

But I have two more qoustions:
    How can I set the repo icon? And how can I make that when you download same package from cydia, you must respring or reboot?

Thanks for help!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much!I created the repo successfully!!
    But I Have some questions:

1) How can I add an updated package, so that Cydia shows that there's an update for an installed package?

2) I added AppLinks on my repo just for testing. Uninstalled the original from iSpazio and then installed mine. But after the installation, I quit Cydia and there's no icon despite the fact that I have installed it successfully...:( Can you help? I noticed that this happens with every app I add on the repo. On the other hand, themes work correctly.

3) Finally, how can I make the Device to respring or Reboot after a package installation?

Please answer ASAP if you can.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chuxy View Post
    Thanks. It worked!

But I have two more qoustions:
    How can I set the repo icon? And how can I make that when you download same package from cydia, you must respring or reboot?

Thanks for help!
    I am working on a bash script that you must put in the DEBIAN folder before building the .deb that will force a reboot or repsring. I am not a bash expert so please be patient!
    Quote Originally Posted by iWorldHellas View Post
    Thanks very much!I created the repo successfully!!
    But I Have some questions:

1) How can I add an updated package, so that Cydia shows that there's an update for an installed package?

2) I added AppLinks on my repo just for testing. Uninstalled the original from iSpazio and then installed mine. But after the installation, I quit Cydia and there's no icon despite the fact that I have installed it successfully...:( Can you help? I noticed that this happens with every app I add on the repo. On the other hand, themes work correctly.

3) Finally, how can I make the Device to respring or Reboot after a package installation?

Please answer ASAP if you can.
    Congratulations on builder your repo. It's nice to see that someone took to the time to let me know they were successful. Most people just "get and go"! I appreciate your feedback.

The answers to your questions:

1) To update a package, just change the version from 1.0 to 1.1 (or anything higher) and it will automatically prompt the person to update.

2) Check the control file. Compare yours to iSpazios. They may be using the "Icon" field.

3) See my answer above to chuxy!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

1) Ok, so I just edit the control file and then "dpkg-scanpackages ...", right?

2)Can you please explain what is the Icon field? I think I've seen it somewhere though...but I can't remember!!

3) Alright we will wait,no problem. I'm not rushing after all!!hehe

Soon I'll follow the tutorial about the depection page, so expect a few more questions in the next days!

Thanks for all!!You're the best!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by iWorldHellas View Post
    1) Ok, so I just edit the control file and then "dpkg-scanpackages ...", right?

2)Can you please explain what is the Icon field? I think I've seen it somewhere though...but I can't remember!!

3) Alright we will wait,no problem. I'm not rushing after all!!hehe

Soon I'll follow the tutorial about the depection page, so expect a few more questions in the next days!

Thanks for all!!You're the best!!
    1) Correct

2) It should be the package icon in Cydia (I don't use it)

3) Thanks for your patience!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

2) You mean the repo icons??

One other question:
    How can I create a screenshot scroller like xsellize's and beyouriphone's in depection??It's similar to the AppStore's.

Thread Information