Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: How to create a Cydia Repository

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 854 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

It can be done but for the iPhoneModding repo it required CSS edits. This guide is all about helping others create a repo as easily as possible. I'm not going to get into CSS in this guide, unfortunately. Also, the scrolling screenshot page is definitely possible but, again, it's beyond the scope of this guide.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok, can you explain me in PM? thanks man =)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    ok, can you explain me in PM? thanks man =)
    If I were going to explain it, I might as well do it here! But it's too much for what is required by most people. If you have a friend that knows web design, it would be very easy for them to take a look at the source code of the pages you are asking about and applying it to my templates.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great tutorial and it help me a lot especially in creating the repo, ICON, sh scripts, depiction and screen php, etc.. However still wondering how do you count the download of .deb files. Where do you grab the data? Any chance that you can let me know maybe via PM? Cause after examining the Packages my best guest is to have it count when people call the depiction php however if it doesn't then what is the secret?

Anyway great tutorial and hope I can also help people if they need my assistant... Need to improve the script for Mac OS since I do my compile on my Mac before I upload it to my repo.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't really get into the "download count" subject because it would be too time consuming and difficult for most of the people using this guide to create a repo. But any decent coder would be able to set it up for you. It doesn't count pages visits to the depiction. That number could be inflated since not everyone that clicks on the theme downloads it.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just a hints? Cause I'm trying to figure it out myself as a junior programmer. Usually files download counter using the counter script. Which in this case we wont be able to do so. So there must be something that can trigger the counter.

TIA.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hint (and only hint): It requires running requests through a script first before calling up the deb. This would all be tied into a database, of course.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a question about my repo... i put the files on my server after i made them by following (maXimus tutorial,Great by the way!)
    But when i add my repo to cydia it finds it but won't show my two themes? Am i missing something...

P.S cydia throws no errors when loading my repo.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by greekone View Post
    I have a question about my repo... i put the files on my server after i made them by following (maXimus tutorial,Great by the way!)
    But when i add my repo to cydia it finds it but won't show my two themes? Am i missing something...

P.S cydia throws no errors when loading my repo.
    You've probably added .deb files that were created by someone else. If so, then you won't see them on your repo as they already exist in the repo of someone else. You have to have a unique bundle identifier in order for your themes to show.

By the way, where in FL are you? Maybe you're down the road from me and I can help you!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    You've probably added .deb files that were created by someone else. If so, then you won't see them on your repo as they already exist in the repo of someone else. You have to have a unique bundle identifier in order for your themes to show.

By the way, where in FL are you? Maybe you're down the road from me and I can help you!
    I'm in Havana fl, And the themes/debs i made are mine and i created the debs on my iphone....
    If you want i can send you my repo folder for you to look through? By the way...Thanks.

Thread Information