Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: How to create a Cydia Repository

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, would be awesome to learn how to do deb files with linux, I just couldn't, iPhone does it for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 854 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyReflex View Post
    Sorry guys that i d'dn't answer before, but i had some trouble with my connection.

@volta:
    Thanks for your Help!
    My problem was that i had a space field in my folder name (ex: My Program).
    That's why it didn't work.

Now when i give the command: dpkg -b MyProgram
    i have this message: dpkg-deb. the control file didn't have the permission... 777 and it has to be <0755> and <0755>

It's the same problem that volta had.
    When i make right-clic on the control file and i go to the permissions, i don't see the field where i have to change it.
    Can someone explain me how to change the permissions and in whitch folder or file i have to do it?

Sorry if i'm stressing you with all my questions.
    That has something to do with your admin permissions in Linux. Make sure you are running as admin. Make sure your ran "sudo" when you copied over the repo files. You can also change the permissions of the control file. They are the ones that say "read, write, execute" when you right click and choose properties.
    Quote Originally Posted by omg View Post
    I would just like to say Thankyou maX after several failures i have finaly managed to crack this repo lark but i have to upload all files from ubuntu because when i copy to windows to upload i have problems with permissions but if i do it all from ubuntu it works like a dream.. Thankyou for the time you have put into the guide mate
    You're welcome! It was a lot of hard work and research but it was well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Sta View Post
    Yes, but "htdocs" is folder to upload any site to it for running :(( Same bro upload your forum vbb to your host and all files will be there. Normally, when bro upload all there and i access iphonemodding.com meaning i go to your site. I hope you understand me
    You will probably have issues with that type of host. Is it shared? A repo works best from a dedicated server but can run fine from some shared servers. I ran into the same difficulty helping someone else. But when I uploaded their repo files to my server, it worked fine. I will take a deeper look into yours but you may have the same situation where your server isn't allowing it to work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maXimus For This Useful Post:

Aqua Sta (01-06-2010)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I know this is not part of the guide but maybe i can get some help, I uploaded some app programs to my repository, created everything ok. I go to Cydia, go to my repository, select the app recently uploaded, the installation is perfect, I close cydia, and then I open the app program installed and it just shows the start screen and then it automatically shutdown the program.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is definitely out of the scope of the guide! You may want to check a site like iPhoneSDK for help with building an iPhone app.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmmmmmm, ok.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank to maXimus bro, pls help me to check my files on your server. I had pm you the hosting details of mine. I need to know can it work on anywhere server because my host is shared. Many thanks in advanced.
    @FreakyReflex: I think you are doing your work on Vitual Machine, because when i do my work on VM, i got this problem same you and i solved it. Before packaging by typing command, you need set permission for MyProgram. Let you do it by "sudo chmod 0775 path_to_your_folder" then package and you can pass this problem. But better, you should do on a real Linux machine, you can install Ubuntu as a file inside Windows and you will not get this trouble when dpkg.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank maXimus bro! I created successful my Cydia Repo. The trouble start from host shared. Now i have a new host support .htaccess and my Cydia is running. Have a nice day to you!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm glad it worked for you!! Congrats!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to maXimus For This Useful Post:

Aqua Sta (01-06-2010)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

for the people that will have the same problem that volta i did have with the permissions.
    Solution:

Open Terminal and give this command:
    sudo -l ("l" = that's a litle "L")

then you are asked for your password
    after that you will not have the permission problem giving commands

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whenever i upload the files only file is visible on cydia. How do i upload more than one program/theme

Thread Information