Thread: extreme anger at the Q9H

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry extreme anger at the Q9H

hi all .

I have been trying to enable the Google Maps My Location feature in the Q9H. with no luck. The field test program shows N/A everywhere. tried to find an engineering mode like in the old nokias etc bt no luck . Am feeling a bit P***ed off with this phone . Not enough bells and whistles

No GPS
    Wifi a distant dream
    No AGPS

WHAT NEXT Impulse engines only

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 854 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

At the risk of alienating Graeme, I'm going to recommend you buy an iPhone!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive asked many customers this question and surfed many boards for the same answer all them say it takes a lonnnnng time to connect to the GPS satellites the first time

Since I dont use GSM I can't verify this but a thread on HOFO says

goto www.google.com/glm on the q, download and install once installed click on start then goto google maps and launch the program, once it loads, click on the right soft key and select -track position- be patient it acquires GPS....and takes awhile the first time
    ,hopefully Graeme can verify this
    "A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount 'up to and including my life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer can conceptualize it."

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Both Google Maps and Windows Live work for me.
    I have seen it detect and use up to 6 satellites.
    It can take a while to lock on. It seems to really prefer a clear path. I don't get it to lock on inside of my home, but it has tracked me - surprisingly accurately - inside my office building ..... as evidenced by displaying the satellite view. 15,000 sq ft building and it "sees" (tracks) me moving from entrance of the building to left rear, for example.
    There are some who believe that "tweaking" the com port has it's advantage, but I found it doesn't detach when not in use and becomes a battery drain.
    Out-of-the-box settings have proved fine for me.
    Do you have the latest version of Google Maps for you phone? (Although I don't think that would cause a problem.)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the asian version . This one doesnt have the gps chip on board ( opened it and saw) . You guys must have the US. version. It also seems the service provider doesnt provide the tower info to the windows OS . or maybe the integration by the motorola firmware is at fault.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does the q9h have an FM radio ( currently disabled and no relevant Registry settings) in the hardware????

Thread Information