AT&T has released an online form for users to fill out to request an unlock for an iPhone. This form eliminates the need to call in to the customer support department or logon to the online chat system.
Here's what the website http://www.att.com/deviceunlock says:
- The person requesting the unlock is:
- a current AT&T customer or
- a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
- The iPhone was designed for use on AT&T's network;
- All contract obligations, including any term commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied; and
- The iPhone has not been reported lost or stolen.