• iOS 5 beta jailbroken!

The iOS 5 beta released after the WWDC announcement has already been jailbroken by the Dev Team in less than 24 hours of it's release. MuscleNerd announced on his Twitter page that iOS5 had been jailbroken using limera1n and a tethered boot. Although this is just a beta, and there's still a long ways to go before the final release comes out, it's at least very promising.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 5 beta jailbroken! started by maXimus View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      nsandymary -
      It's at least awesome news!!! Just what everybody wants. Upgrade to iOS 5 and pum!!!! JB again!!
      Rasputin007 -
      I still watch that with caution!
      Apple will not plug that exploit until final beta or even final iOS5.
      They won't show all their cards at first round.

Sent from my Smart Phone using Tapatalk
      maXimus -
      Agreed Ras. But then you never know with the exploit that was used. It may not be fixable until a hardware revision.
      nsandymary -
      Ras, you got a point. But remember.....DevTeam always got an ace under their sleeve!! :Thumbup:
      Rasputin007 -
      Apple can not change the hardware on the 3GS and iPhone4, so the exploit still might be usable, but iPhone 4S/5 will be a different matter.
      And knowing those nutters with more money then brain, they rush out to buy the new iPhone and then start crying because "their" new iPhone can not be jailbroken.
      jrmy85 -
      personally, I don't see much of a reason to jailbreak anymore. Except to try out apps before I decide to restore then buy the apps.
      Rasputin007 -
      Even if I only used paid apps, I still would jailbreak my iPhone. The reason is that I like to be in control of the electronic device and that I want access to the filesystem. Apart from that I also like to change the look and the features to fit best to my requirements.
      Imagine your computer with Windows or Mac lets you install only a certain range of software and you can use them and that's it, no Windows Explorer/Finder and adding software only through Microsoft/Apple official site. You have no control what your computer is doing, yes, you can use it and it works fine, but as soon as you try anything that is outside the "allowed" enviroment you get an error message or no response at all. In this case the computer dictates the term of use - not you, and that is wrong!
      The mobile phone is exactly the same, just a specialized computer, and I am the one that sets the rules how to use it, not Apple and not the iOS.
      maXimus -
      I am 100% with Ras on this one.
      nsandymary -
      Me too, i like to customize my iphone the way suite me better plus have more choices in apps.