• Chronic Dev Team releases iOS 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak

The Chronic Dev Team just released their Mac version (Windows version released!) of the updated greenpois0n jailbreak program. This version is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 and currently only runs on Mac. One of the great things about this untethered jailbreak is that it does not require SHSH blobs to work.

There is a Windows version in the works that should be released soon. In the meantime, here are some tidbits of information:
    1. It's best to do a clean restore before attempting to use greenpois0n.
    2. Keep holding the Home button until greenpois0n tells you it has completed.
    3. Servers are being slammed as of this writing. Be patient!
    Guides are coming soon! [Download (Mac)]
    [Download (Windows)]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Chronic Dev Team releases iOS 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak (Mac only) started by maXimus View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
      Chongz Zack -
      i download already but i cannot open the file...what happen? can u help pls...
      maXimus -
      What kind of Mac do you have?
      maXimus -
      Windows version has been released!

http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/d...do=file&id=860
      XtrlRulz -
      Yes it is!!
      XtrlRulz -
      I just tested on My iphone 4 4.2.1 software and it works like a charm! even with Cydia Installed ...
      maXimus -
      I just ran it on top of an iPod Touch 4G with a tethered redsn0w jailbreak and it worked flawlessly! Didn't even have to restore first. Didn't lose a thing.
      garycts1984 -
      Anyone knows when the unlock will be out?I am stucked at the 4.1 Baseband..
      nsandymary -
      At last, we have the Windows version!! Thanks Boss!

XtrlRulz -
      Quote Originally Posted by garycts1984 View Post
      Anyone knows when the unlock will be out?I am stucked at the 4.1 Baseband..
      They say over twitter that it could be out no later than Feb 14th.

@GeohotUS
      Geohot
      iPhone 4 Unlock BB 02.10.04, 03.10.01 May Be Arriving on February 14th, Valentines Day?
      Hopefully we get it before... im stuck im 02.10.04
      maXimus -
      Quote Originally Posted by XtrlRulz View Post
      They say over twitter that it could be out no later than Feb 14th.

Hopefully we get it before... im stuck im 02.10.04
      I'm at 02.10 too. Unfortunately I upgraded knowing that I would lose my unlock but that's part of owning this site and testing jailbreaks, etc.
      garycts1984 -
      Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
      I'm at 02.10 too. Unfortunately I upgraded knowing that I would lose my unlock but that's part of owning this site and testing jailbreaks, etc.
      yeah me too.I am still waiting it right now.Do you guys know when is the estimation time that the unlock will be out?
      maXimus -
      I wish I could tell you. I lost the ability to unlock my iPhone 4 while testing different jailbreaks!
      Rasputin007 -
      I don't see it coming before 4.3 is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Coder -
      Maximus ,, i think that the greenpois0n has released a new jailbreak for the iphone 4 with the 4.2.1 firmware !! isn't ?
      i make a jailbreak using it .. but when iphone restarts or when you turn it on it shows to you the ( " greenpois0n symbol " ) placed where the apple symbol is ..
      how can i remove it ? !!
      Thank's