• 3DBoard 3D effect without glasses for springboard available in Cydia Store

There is a new tweak available in the Cydia Store for your iPhone or iPad Touch that gives your springboard a 3D effect without the need of 3D glasses. It's only $2.99 for the tweak, which is a small price to pay seeing how they charge you up to $5 at the movies for the 3D glasses!

The reason this sort of effect works: True 3D doesnít need to be binocular. When you close one eye, you only see one image, yet you can still perceive depth. You canít "see" the depth as you can with 2 eyes, but with motion, and in-brain calculations, you can still understand the depth. On a flat, 2D screen, with flat, 2D images, you donít get depth perception because the small motions of your head donít change the angle in relation to the image. This type of effect (better than using cameras for eye tracking because its slow, though iím looking into that) works because it allows perspective changing based on motion/relation to screen. To be honest, holding it in hand, it looks "better" when closing one eye, basically forcing your brain into "single eye depth calculation" mode, in which motion changes register as depth, giving the effect.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 3DBoard 3D effect without glasses for springboard available in Cydia Store started by maXimus View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      chuckturner -
      I just tried it out. Doesn't seem to work on my 3GS
      maXimus -
      I wonder if it only works with the retina display of the iPhone 4. I have a friend that's using it. Frankly, you can see the effect but it's not a huge effect. It's very subtle.
      m3suka -
      It would only work on the retina displays…
      maXimus -
      Quote Originally Posted by m3suka View Post
      It would only work on the retina displays…
      Don't you have..... oh wait.... sorry! You have the 3GS!