• Dev Team ports untethered jailbreak Monte back to iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs

The Dev Team has successfully ported the untethered jailbreak Monte back to the iOS 4.1 kernel. Before, you had to have the iOS 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved in order to use Monte and have an untethered jailbreak. Since this is a dev only firmware, it was difficult for the average user.

Now you will only need your 4.1 SHSH blobs in order to jailbreak. The Dev Team is also looking to port the untethered jailbreak forward to iOS 4.3. Thankfully, none of this requires any new exploits. Stay tuned for info on an updated redsn0w.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Dev Team ports untethered jailbreak Monte back to iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs started by maXimus View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      Rasputin007 -
      Good news for people that saved their 4.1 shsh.
      Spike will not be too happy as he just got a new ip4 with 4.2.1 and desperately looking forward to a JB, I guess his skinning fingers are itching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      nsandymary -
      what about me?? I just jump from 3.1.2 to 4.2.1??
      Rasputin007 -
      3.1.2 to 4.2.1, holly molly that's a big jump!
      I am still on 4.1.
      InsecureSpike -
      Does this mean NO JBing for me for a while??

i really need an Idiots Guide here....

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin007 View Post
      Good news for people that saved their 4.1 shsh.
      Spike will not be too happy as he just got a new ip4 with 4.2.1 and desperately looking forward to a JB, I guess his skinning fingers are itching.

Rasputin007 -
      Sorry, mate, but looks like you have to wait for a 4.3 JB.
      New ip4 with 4.2.1, very unlikely you have saved 4.1 shsh files.

nsandymary -
      3.1.2 to 4.2.1, holly molly that's a big jump!
      I am still on 4.1.
      Yeah, I knowbut I was behind with the 3.2.1 but I still on 5.11.07
      maXimus -
      You can jailbreak tethered since 4.2.1 is still being signed I believe.
      Rasputin007 -
      Always save shsh for every firmware!
      You only can save the shsh while Apple is still signing them (aka offical latest release), but you do NOT need to have that firmware on your iPhone in order to save the shsh.
      I have saved my shsh for 4.2.b3 and 4.2.1 without ever having any of those firmwares on my iPhone.
      The latest new JB just shows it again, how important saved shsh can be.
      You never know, someone might find a JB for 4.3 or even iOS5, which also would work on 4.2.1 (similar to previous JB's that also worked on older firmwares), then you are laughing, because you have the saved shsh for 4.2.1.
      maXimus -
      Always save shsh for every firmware!
      You only can save the shsh while Apple is still signing them (aka offical latest release), but you do NOT need to have that firmware on your iPhone in order to save the shsh.
      I have saved my shsh for 4.2.b3 and 4.2.1 without ever having any of those firmwares on my iPhone.
      The latest new JB just shows it again, how important saved shsh can be.
      You never know, someone might find a JB for 4.3 or even iOS5, which also would work on 4.2.1 (similar to previous JB's that also worked on older firmwares), then you are laughing, because you have the saved shsh for 4.2.1.
      +1 Agreed!