• iPhone alarm bug prevents alarms after New Year's *Update*

Once again Apple is plagued by a bug in the alarm feature of the iPhone that prevents the alarm from sounding after the phone has switched over from December 31st, 2010 to January 1st, 2011. This bug only affects non-recurring alarms.

The current work-around is to set your alarm as a recurring event, for example: weekdays, every Monday, etc. 9to5Mac is claiming that after January 3rd, the bug should correct itself and work correctly. Apple has confirmed the reports and has publicly suggested setting alarms to recurring alarms.

Update:
    Some users in various blogs and forums are posting that they are still plagued by the bug today even though the alarms were suppose to start working correctly today. Many users claimed arriving late for work, missing flights, etc.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone alarm bug prevents alarms after New Year's *Update* started by maXimus View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      TheOldPeculiar -
      Hi,
      I'm using a 3g Ipod Touch running iOS 4.0.2. I have noticed that after after syncing, the clock can go back by 1 hour.
      The stupid bit is that it doesn't do it directly during or after syncing, but sometime during the afternoon or evening.
      I would like to update the fireware, but do not want to loose the ability to jailbreak it.
      Any suggestions?
      maXimus -
      You should be able to update and jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.6.
      nsandymary -
      I did it and i love my new 4.2.1 OS. Thanks Boss for encourage me to upgrade!!