• Redsn0w 0.9.7 beta 3 released for untethered jailbreak

The Dev Team has released the 3rd beta of their untethered jailbreak solution for the iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPad. In order for this to work, you need to have access to iOS 4.2 Beta 3 firmware file and your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2b3. You can tell if you have them saved at Cydia by checking the top of Cydia's main page.
    For now, this is for beta testers only!! As usual, you should do a complete backup before attempting this method and should be prepared for bugs. If you need or have an unlock this is not for you since it requires a normal upgrade.

Download redsn0w 0.9.7b3 (Mac)

This article was originally published in forum thread: Redsn0w 0.9.7 beta 3 released for untethered jailbreak started by maXimus View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      nsandymary -
      Not safe for me to upgrade my phone!!
      maXimus -
      Of course it's safe for you! You're on the old bootrom 3GS!! Just use a custom ipsw (if you don't have a Mac to run PwnageTool) that doesn't upgrade the baseband. You'll always be untethered.
      nsandymary -
      So, if i get a 4.1 or 4.2 custom ipsw i can upgrade it and the baseband still intact??
      maXimus -
      Yes. You can always do that.
      nsandymary -
      GREAT!!!!!!! I will upgrade my phone next year!!