• iPhone Dev Team announces untethered jailbreak almost ready

The iPhone Dev Team has just announced that their untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 is amost ready. Best of all, if things go according to plan, it shouldn't require restoring your device and rejailbreaking. It should only require running an updated version of redsn0w.

Unfortunately, Musclenerd has announced this plan is for users who have legitimate access to the iOS 4.2b3 IPSW file that was released a while ago and whose SHSH blobs can be seen as 'captured' in Cydia. In the meantime, comex continues to work on a solution that should be good for the masses.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone Dev Team announces untethered jailbreak almost ready started by maXimus View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      nsandymary -
      When?? My phone still on 3.1.2 and wants to upgrade but safe!!
      maXimus -
      Is your 3GS the new bootrom version or old?
      Rasputin007 -
      If it is a new bootrom 3GS and you have your shsh saved for this firmware then iOS4.1 and Greenpois0n is OK, if you do not need an unlock.
      But if you depend on an unlock then iOS4.0.1 is the safest firmware, JB with Jailbreakme, unlock with ultrasn0w.
      That what I had on my 3GS until a week ago, cos I paid 20 to Orange UK to get it unlocked, now I only have to worry about jailbreaking, so I went to iOS4.1, as I prefer an untethered jailbreak.

As I was on the upgrade trail I also upgraded my 2G with the latest Whited00r v. 4.0 beta. So far so good, actually quite fast and is already unlocked and jailbroken.
      nsandymary -
      Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
      Is your 3GS the new bootrom version or old?

Modem Firmware 05.11.07
      maXimus -
      Quote Originally Posted by nsandymary View Post

Modem Firmware 05.11.07
      Not the baseband. Do you know if it's the old bootrom or new?
      nsandymary -
      Sorry Boss, yes is the old Bootrom!!