• BlackPad: The next iPad killer??

I was reading the news when I saw this info: BlackPad to answer iPad.
    Caught my atention because i know there's a android tablet and windows tablet trying to beat the iPad.

Here's the info:

BlackPad,(Blackberry tablet) is scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of this year. It will feature a seven-inch touch screen and one or two built-in cameras, they said.

they said,It will have Bluetooth and broadband connections but will only be able to connect to cellular networks through a BlackBerry smartphone, these people said. Since the tablet won't be sold with a cellular service, it's not clear which carriers or retailers will sell the device.

RIM bought QNX, a maker of operating systems used in everything from cars to nuclear reactors, earlier this year, in what industry watchers said was a bid to replace software criticized as slow and buggy.

The RIM tablet is being manufactured by Quanta Computer Inc. of Taiwan, and will run on chips from Santa Clara, Calif.-based Marvell Technology Group Inc., according to people familiar with the tablet's manufacturing.
    Still, RIM's tablet will face stiff competition in an increasingly
    crowded market. The launch of Apple's iPad in April sparked a rush
    to build similar devices by a raft of firms from Korean electronics
    giant Samsung Electronics Co. to Taiwan's Acer Inc.
    and Cisco Systems Inc. and Dell Inc. of the U.S. Many of those
    competing tablets will run Android, meaning RIM's new operating
    system will go head-to-head with Apple and Google offerings in tablets as well.
    Alec Saunders, chief executive of Ottawa-based software developer Iotum Corp

says:
    "It was architected from the ground up never to go down"
    Provide by Wall Street Journal
    This article was originally published in forum thread: BlackPad: The next iPad killer?? started by nsandymary View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      nsandymary -
      Hummm, it's a very good question!!
      klassik562 -
      i think the whole ipad thing iz hyped up too much itz jus a big itouch really
      nsandymary -
      Update:
      Here's a video of the BlackPad now the name change to PlayBook:

maXimus -
      Does the PlayBook look awesome? Yes! iPad killer? I'm not so sure. Just like with touch-screen cell phones, too many companies are arriving to the party too late. There's only a few balloons left but all the cake and ice cream are gone.
      nsandymary -
      Here's some specs:

• 7-inch LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
      • BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
      • 1 GHz dual-core processor
      • 1 GB RAM
      • Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video
      • Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
      • Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
      • HDMI video output
      • Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n
      • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
      • Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
      • Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
      • Ultra thin and portable:
      • Measures 5.1"x7.6"x0.4" (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
      • Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)
      • RIM intends to also offer 3G and 4G models in the future.