• iTunes 10 now available and safe for jailbreak and unlock

Apple has made the latest rendition of iTunes (iTunes 10) available for download. It contains the new social network for music program called Ping. At the moment, the new iTunes is compatible with the latest jailbreak and unlock solutions (according to Musclenerd of the Dev Team). It appears the DFU mode, syncing and custom ipsw's are all still ok. As of this writing, the only issue seems to be with Wi-Fi Sync which is no longer working.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iTunes 10 now available and safe for jailbreak and unlock started by maXimus View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      overjjrk -
      Upgraded yesterday and everything works well for me so far. However, I'm not using Wi-Fi Sync which is stated as not working. I'm also not using Infinifolders which has been shown to crash iTunes when clicking the Apps tab.

***Wi-Fi Sync***

People have begun reporting that after the initial install of iTunes 10, you can get it working by:

1) Uninstalling the program on both your phone and computer.
      2) Then Reboot and reinstall Wi-Fi Sync
      maXimus -
      Quote Originally Posted by overjjrk View Post
      ***Wi-Fi Sync***

People have begun reporting that after the initial install of iTunes 10, you can get it working by:

1) Uninstalling the program on both your phone and computer.
      2) Then Reboot and reinstall Wi-Fi Sync
      It's an easy fix if it works! Thanks overjjrk.
      nsandymary -
      Thanks Boss and overjjrk!!
      overjjrk -
      ***Infinifolders crashing iTunes when accesssing Apps Tab workaround***

PRE-SYNC
      1) Access SBSettings
      2) Go to "More"
      3) Go to "Mobile Substrate Add-Ons"
      4) Toggle-Off Infinifolders
      5) Sync
      6) After sync is complete and you've managed your apps to your liking, Toggle-On Infinifolders
      maXimus -
      This has to be done every time?
      overjjrk -
      Yeah, but really its only a couple steps more then turning on/off bluetooth of wi-fi. I'm sure it will be sorted out eventually.
      nsandymary -
      I like it so far!!
      overjjrk -
      ***Update***

After latest batch of updates to Cydia/Rock apps, the issue has been resolved. Happy modding all!
      maXimus -
      That's great news!