• Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad with Spirit Untethered

Using Spirit, you can JB (not unlock) all iPhone’s (Edge, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS) and iPod touches (iPod touch 2G and 3G) running on the firmware version 3.1.3/3.1.2, and iPad and iPad 3G on firmware 3.2 – untethered.

Note for iPhone 3G and 3GS Unlockers: Do NOT upgrade to the stock iPhone 3.1.3 if you you want to keep your unlock as doing so will result in upgrade of your baseband, which will make it almost impossible for you to unlock. This is strictly for those who are either on official supported carrier like AT&T, or have already upgraded to 3.1.3 and are stuck with it.
    IMPORTANT: Make sure that you have your SHSH files saved. You can jailbreak without saving SHSH files but you wont be safe once Apple patches the exploit used by Spirit.
    The following guide will help you jailbreak iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS (all versions) untethered on the latest iPhone OS 3.1.3.

Downloads
    Spirit for Windows
    Spirit for Mac

Step 1: Download and install the latest version of iTunes (download link given below).

Step 2: You will need to be on the official iPhone 3.1.2, or iPhone 3.1.3 firmware on your iPhone. Download links for iPhone OS 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 are given at the end of the post.
    Step 3: Download Spirit for Windows or Mac (download link at the end of the post).

Step 4: Connect iPhone with your computer, Run “Spirit” and then Click on “Jailbreak”:

Note for Windows 7/Vista Users (OS X users should skip to Step 5): Change the “Compatibility mode” to “Windows 98 / Windows Me” by right clicking on “Spirit.exe”, and then click on “Properties”.Also check: “Run this program as an administrator” option on the same window.

Step 5: Let the app do its thing and wait for the app to show “Jailbreak Complete!” message. At this point, wait for the iPhone to automatically reboot.

Step 6: Voila! You should now have a fully jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS running on firmware 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 – Untethered !.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad with Spirit Untethered started by nsandymary View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      nsandymary -
      Already did it with my wife's phone and was very quick and easy!!
      Coder -
      Hello nsandymary
      i just download the spirit and i just run it
      i tried to jailbreak the iphone all the steps got sucsess .
      but when the iphone reboot one time and two and three and still rebootting .. (it shows me the apple symbol and then reboot another time )
      what shall i do ?
      nsandymary -
      Try to do it again and let us know
      maXimus -
      As nsandy said, you'll have to try again. Make sure you restore before running it. If you're using Windows 7, run in compatibility mode. Let us know.
      Coder -
      hello
      thanks for help
      I have restore it and tried again . and it was successfully done
      all is alright .
      thanks again for help
      charlie
      maXimus -
      Glad to hear!
      nsandymary -
      Glad you made it coder, now enjoy it!!
      Coder -
      Glad to fine people like You Maximus and you nsandymary in a forum like iphonemodding.com
      Thank's for the advice .
      coder
      nsandymary -
      It's our peasure coder to have people like you
      to joint our family!!