PDA

View Full Version : Real guns in toy gun colors

bleezylbc
03-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Is anyone else dumbfounded by Lauer Weapons' decision to create and sell REAL guns that look like toys?

http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=40&stc=1&d=1206196314

maXimus
03-22-2008, 10:43 AM
I am in TOTAL shock! When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be something funny. This should not be allowed. I am all for the right for "bearing arms" but not at the expense of people who will be fooled into thinking that a real gun is a harmless toy.

Here is their line of paint taunting NYC Mayor Bloomberg after he pushed through a law that made colored guns or colored gun kits illegal in NYC:

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/images/CPR26.jpg

Thanks for sharing and bringing this to our attention, bleezy.

mzkaye729
03-22-2008, 09:28 PM
This is so insane....

GraemeCR
03-22-2008, 09:44 PM
The US Supreme Court is hearing a case which appears to be the first review of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights which declares a well-regulated militia as "being necessary to the security of a free State" and prohibits infringement of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

Its decision will be likely be controversial, whatever it rules.

Kruejl
03-22-2008, 10:01 PM
That's ridiculous. I am all for the right to bear arms as well - but marketing real .45's in those colors is totally irresponsible.

mzkaye729
03-22-2008, 10:45 PM
not to mention UGLY :P those look really hideous.

Kruejl
03-22-2008, 10:47 PM
^^^Agreed.

maXimus
03-22-2008, 10:52 PM
not to mention UGLY :P those look really hideous.
I totally forgot about the "style" factor!!! Are those fall or summer colors??? :laugh:

mzkaye729
03-23-2008, 09:14 AM
The red one is kind of appealing -- although I wouldnt ever buy a firearm. I'll stick to my sais :)

overjjrk
03-23-2008, 10:11 AM
I am completely against this as my son has water guns in half those colors.

But here's a thought......
If toy guns wouldn't of ever been made in the first place then these colorful guns might of been a better choice for personal hand guns. The authorities would be able to spot them a whole lot easier. Just a thought.......

maXimus
03-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I am completely against this as my son has water guns in half those colors.

But here's a thought......
If toy guns wouldn't of ever been made in the first place then these colorful guns might of been a better choice for personal hand guns. The authorities would be able to spot them a whole lot easier. Just a thought.......

You know, I can actually deal with this one. No toy guns and real guns in whatever color you want. That way police know can deal with ALL guns on the same level. Maybe even a law to make ALL guns florescent pink!!!!! :cool:

Hey-man
03-23-2008, 04:20 PM
they looks pretty cool :lol:

but a gun is'nt a toy :thumbdown: