PDA

View Full Version : Cydia Store Home Page in Safari App by cdevwill (Will Strafach)

maXimus
09-14-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.iphonemodding.com/photogallery/misc/home_page_safari.png

Will Strafach, also known as cdevwill in the iPhone world, has developed an app that will allow you to set a home page in Safari on your iPhone just as you would set one on your laptop or desktop. I have tried it and it definitely works but it has one drawback that I think should have been advertised.

If you are visiting a web page and want to make it your home page all you have to do is tap on the "+" sign at the bottom of the page in Safari and you will see the screenshot above. Just select Set as Home and that's it. Now, when you open a new page in Safari, it goes directly to that page. But this is a little backwards in my opinion.

I think that when you open a new page, it should still go to the blank page since usually you open a new page to go to a different website. I think there should be a "home" button to get you to the home page from the current page. It should also be noted that closing and opening Safari doesn't take you to your home page. It still goes to the last page you had open.

It's still a good app for $.99!

Kruejl
09-14-2010, 09:43 PM
It looks good, although I agree that opening a new tab should go to a blank page.

maXimus
09-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Since he's on Twitter, I might make the suggestion. :cool:

nsandymary
09-15-2010, 09:02 AM
You're right Boss and agree with Kruejl. Go ahead and make that.

maXimus
09-18-2010, 07:32 AM
You're right Boss and agree with Kruejl. Go ahead and make that.

I spoke to him the other day and he said that he would do an update that makes Safari open straight to the home page (not the last page you were viewing) if he gets at least 1500 downloads. I also suggested that new pages should go back to opening blank but he didn't specifically mention that. Let's see what happens. :cool:

nsandymary
09-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Great news Boss, hope he take care of that!!

o iDowd v
10-30-2010, 10:53 AM
To be honest, this should have been built into Safari from the beginning.