PDA

View Full Version : Is the iPad really worth buying?

Kruejl
08-15-2010, 04:07 PM
I've been looking at the iPad for a while but I've honestly been having a hard time figuring out what I would use it for. I have an iPhone 4 and a MBP so as much as I like the iPad I'm just not sure how it would "fit in".

I'm looking for some feedback from current iPad users. How does it fit in your daily life? What are some of the must-have apps that are iPad specific? Do you use it as much as you thought you would?

Thanks!

maXimus
08-15-2010, 04:44 PM
I second the motion (question). I was all ready to get an iPad but it just seemed as though I wouldn't get the use out of it that I thought and I wasn't seeing much movement on it in the modding world. This is why I put my resources towards an iPhone 4. Maybe in the future I will get one, but I would like to know what the hard-core iPhone modders are doing with their iPads too. :cool:

citadel
08-19-2010, 07:41 AM
I went through this process some time ago standing in an Apple store with an iPad in my hand thinking, "I've got to have one of these!" After that initial thought, I spent 45 minutes trying to justify the purchase and couldn't - so I didn't buy.
I have a friend who is a fanboy and bought one when it first came out. He says, unless you're using it for reading books, it's not really worth it.

nsandymary
08-19-2010, 09:25 AM
I bought a HP tm2t for my wife's Birthday and what
she loves about it, is that is multitouch tablet or conventional
laptop. She can use it either way and is just 2 inches bigger
that the iPad but better!!;)

wb4whd
10-28-2010, 08:10 AM
I love my iPad! I use it for tech support at my current I.T. job to monitor 40 servers. I use it in place of my laptop many times because it is smaller and lighter. I am also going to get into the JB scene with it once the JB for 4.2 is released.