PDA

View Full Version : Flip type case

citadel
06-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Does anyone use a flip type iPhone case? My wife is leaning toward getting an iPhone but one hold-up is what kind of case to use. She's pretty hard on phones and we figured a flip type case would give her the best protection.

Anyone have input or experience with any of them?

maXimus
06-30-2009, 11:30 AM
I hate putting anything on my iPhone. I'm always going "naked"!!! The only thing I use occasionally is a leather case (belt clip). My son is tough in his iPod Touch, so, I got him one of the gel type cases that is thin and unobtrusive. Anything else doesn't do the phone any justice.......IMHO of course! :cool:

pman860507
06-30-2009, 12:31 PM
i would have to agree with max. on this one i love it when my phone is naked but 90% of the time that im not home i have a case on it. i dont use a flip case on my iPhone but i use a flip case on my iPod touch. it is a good case but i probably would get one for a phone.

citadel
06-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Well, ordinarily I would agree. But, as I said, she's rough on phones. I'd rather have it covered than all banged up.

Kruejl
06-30-2009, 11:11 PM
I just got a Sena leather case from Apple. It isn't a flip style, but covers the phone quite well.

Zwayne
06-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Check out the case.....http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html

citadel
07-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Zwayne... Do you have one of those? We looked at them a few days ago, but aren't sure they're worth the price. Also, it appears that one corner (with the camera) stays uncovered...

Zwayne
07-02-2009, 04:26 AM
No I don't own one. But I think Joker dose.

maXimus
07-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Expensive!!!!!!! :jeez:

:D

HolmanGT
07-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Does anyone use a flip type iPhone case? My wife is leaning toward getting an iPhone but one hold-up is what kind of case to use. She's pretty hard on phones and we figured a flip type case would give her the best protection.

Anyone have input or experience with any of them?

Well... I think this is my first post on this site - but being a stickler for detail I noticed that the 3G-S has a "Magnetometer" on board so whatever you decide on I would suggest as Apple does not to use a magnetic latch case.

I like the flip cases (considering the fact that my V9x just hit the asphalt because it did not have a flip-over cover to retain the phone in the case). Ouch! But it did help me to pull the trigger on my iPhone upgrade. Also an ouch but for a different and obvious reason. :rolleyes:

I like Maximus do not like cases that become an integral part of the phone - you can't see the phone so what is the purpose of having such a good looking phone. But I can't like maximus can't just slip the thing into my pocket, far too much pocket lint for me and that crap will get into the ****edest places.

As people that know me will tell you I can get a little long winded - sorry.

I have picked the DLO hip-case:
PHILIPS DLO Leather Hip Case - iPhone 3G - Brown NEW - eBay (item 360164800546 end time Jul-22-09 13:40:18 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/PHILIPS-DLO-Leather-Hip-Case---iPhone-3G---Brown-NEW_W0QQitemZ360164800546QQcmdZViewItem)

It is good looking has a velcro closure mechanism and covers about as much of the phone as most "belt clip" case. Also the link above is for a brown leather unit but it is available in black and they also have a charcoal gray all nylon version. I linked to the above unit because I like brown (everyone has black) and this guy has the lowest price I have been able to find (Mfg. recommended is $29 dollars).

And if you don't like velcro just remember you shouldn't use a magnetic closure system with the 3G-S because of the Magnetometer. I don't know if prolonged use of a magnetic closure will damage the magnetometer but all the articles indicate that every time you go to use the Compass after being in a magnetic case you will have to re-calibrate the compass, now that sounds like a real pain in the arse.

OK I am finished motor mouthing, :clapping:.

HolmanGT
07-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Expensive!!!!!!! :jeez:

:D

You beat me to it... those prices are like "Gucci" stuff sold on "Rodeo drive". Albeit they are really nice looking but darn near as much as the phone. Makes you wonder what is protecting what. ;)

Kruejl
07-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Lol very true sir!

Btw, great to see you again HolmanGT!

HolmanGT
07-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Lol very true sir!

Btw, great to see you again HolmanGT!

Thank you Mr. Kruejl, it is good to be back... now if I would just get my note from at&t that the little jewel is on the way I would be able to get a little more enthusiastic. So far all I have done is spend "mass quantities" of money and I still don't have anything to play with.

And before Mr. Zwayne picks up on my last comment - NO i don't mean what you are thinking, besides that doesn't work very well at my age anyway.:oldman:

:lol:

maXimus
07-09-2009, 09:45 AM
So far all I have done is spend "mass quantities" of money and I still don't have anything to play with.

And before Mr. Zwayne picks up on my last comment - NO i don't mean what you are thinking, besides that doesn't work very well at my age anyway.:oldman:

Maybe you're shopping in the wrong store!!! :laugh:

Zwayne
07-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Thank you Mr. Kruejl, it is good to be back... now if I would just get my note from at&t that the little jewel is on the way I would be able to get a little more enthusiastic. So far all I have done is spend "mass quantities" of money and I still don't have anything to play with.

ROTFLMMFAO......good to see & hear from you Mr.H.GT

citadel
07-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks for your input, HolmanGT! However, she specifically wants one that stays on the phone - for grip as much as for protection.
Now I'm finding that the flip cases (at least the couple that I've seen) interfere with the camera. The cases aren't form fitting and you can see the edge of the camera cutout when you take a pic. That Vaja case is looking to be the best bet for protection and functionality. I really don't want to spend that money, though.

death2012
08-18-2009, 12:19 PM
www.otterbox.com (http://www.otterbox.com)
best case out there but expensive in my opinion