PDA

View Full Version : After Jailbreak, where to go for cool apps?

Yammer
02-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Hello, I am just starting to read about Jailbreaking my iphone and would like information on where you go to get applications and other cool stuff for the phone once you have completed the Jailbreak. Any help?

Thanks in advance, Yammer

nsandymary
02-20-2009, 02:48 PM
welcome to iphonemodding.in my case i learn a lot here.after you jailbreak your phone, you got cydia.also mr.bucket and i think maX made a repository with cool stuff.everything you need for your phone,you can find it here and we can help.

Yammer
02-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Thank you very much for the info and help!

maXimus
02-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Cydia is definitely great for a lot of cool apps. Don't forget that even though you jailbreak, you can still download apps from the AppStore! It can run side-by-side with Cydia (and even Installer if you want)! :cool:

MrBucket101
02-20-2009, 05:23 PM
I like the fact that you can make your own custom themes. I'm a little too lazy to take the time to make everything by scratch. So normally I'll "mix and match" check out the repo and you'll understand what I mean by that.
Basically I'll just take a little bit of everything, edit it to my liking. then throw it all together and use it as my theme.

Another reason people jailbreak their phones is to unlock them. Usually you need to jailbreak before you can unlock. There are some exceptions to that today. BUT for the most part it is still correct.

But as maX said, the apps in cydia are more technical oriented. For instance you can get a call blocker. Those aren't allowed in the appstore.

Also, my three favorite apps, QuickGold, Categories, and Poof are not availiable i nthe appstore. Quick Gold is text based launcher that indexes all of your contacts, emails, text messages, bookmarks, and applications. Just press the home-key once and type the first couple words what your looking for. It will give you a list then just choose what you want. ITS VERY EFFICIENT! I also like categories because I can organize my springboard a little better. I make a category called Apps, and another called games. Then I Just sort accordingly, apps in apps, games in games. This lets me consolidate my springboard down to literally one page. no side-scrolling for me to find what I'm looking for.

And last but not least poof. I use it to hide things I don't want on my springboard. Categories interfaces with poof and so anything I put in a category is removed from the springboard.

The customizations are literally endless, and you wil lhave full control over your phone.

Where I go to school, I actually make fun of people who haven't jailbroken their iPhone. Reason I can get away with that is I'm at an engineering school and were all nerds in our own special way. But yea....It's so easy to do, that I'm surpirsed everyone hasn't.

If you actually take a look at sauriks homepage, the creator of cydia, you'll see hes stated some some 2 million+ devices have had cydia installed. Or in otherwords. At least 2 million iPhones worldwide HAVE been jailbroken.