MrBucket101
02-18-2009, 01:15 AM
I'll start us off. My steam ID is MrBucket101

Games I play on steam.
Crysis, Crysis Wars, Crysis Warhead, Unreal Tournament 3

I play loads of other games as well...but they can't go online :rolleyes:

Kruejl
02-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Mine is kruejl. I don't game nearly as much as I used to on my PC since I got my PS3. .

MrBucket101
02-22-2009, 05:04 AM
Mine is kruejl. I don't game nearly as much as I used to on my PC since I got my PS3. .
I guess were the only 2 with STEAM names. Either way I sent you a FR

Kruejl
02-22-2009, 11:05 AM
^^^I added you M8!

maXimus
02-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Sorry guys, the only steam I have is coming out of my ears with every BSOD. :cool:

MrBucket101
02-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Sorry guys, the only steam I have is coming out of my ears with every BSOD. :cool:
you should get a steam ID and start gaming :oldman:

Kruejl
02-22-2009, 07:26 PM
^^^Agreed!

MrBucket101
02-22-2009, 07:40 PM
you should get a steam ID and start gaming :oldman:
More importantly, GET CRYSIS! It's an amazing game. It'll definitely push your computer to the limits. Even with my current setup I can barely run the game on VERY HIGH settings. I get like 20-25 FPS, and I prefer more FPS over quality.

^^^Agreed!
what games do you play?

I'm a Crysis fiend. I liked it so much I actually bought it, AND the sequel Crysis wars.

Kruejl
02-22-2009, 08:15 PM
^^^Crysis is killer for sure. I just got Warhead and need to play it. HL2 is my all time favorite game. CS: Source is really good too although its been a while since I played.

MrBucket101
02-22-2009, 08:20 PM
^^^Crysis is killer for sure. I just got Warhead and need to play it. HL2 is my all time favorite game. CS: Source is really good too although its been a while since I played.
In terms of campaign. Crysis Warhead, is A LOT shorter than Crysis...BUT I had more fun playing Crysis Warhead than I did the original Crysis. Maybe because I got better...or maybe not. Just my Take.

Crysis Wars online is kinda fun, IF you get a good server. I'm always in Jigglys fun house. The servers located in chicago...like an hour away from me. And so my ping is literally 12 rock solid.

HL2? Is that "The Orange Box"?, I've heard CS: Source was really good. But I would only get it for online play...and that you have to buy right?

EDIT: I just played Urban Terror. An open source quake mod or w/e...and with the settings maxed out. I was still at a max FPS of 120 LOL I think that game got raped by my GPU. It was pretty fun, but as you can tell the graphics were sub par. The fun was in the gameplay I guess. O well just tossing something else into the mix

Kruejl
02-22-2009, 08:31 PM
^^^HL2 = Half Life 2. Was a stand-alone game for a long time but is part of the Orange Box now along with the expansion packs.

UT3 is ok, but a bit of a stretch for me in terms of realistic gameplay.

Right now I'm really into COD5 on my PS3. I really get into the tactical FPS's like COD4 and COD5. Can't wait for COD4 #2 coming out later this year or first part of next!

I will most likely get F.E.A.R. 2 for my PS3 tomorrow or Tuesday.

MrBucket101
02-22-2009, 08:50 PM
^^^HL2 = Half Life 2. Was a stand-alone game for a long time but is part of the Orange Box now along with the expansion packs.

UT3 is ok, but a bit of a stretch for me in terms of realistic gameplay.

Right now I'm really into COD5 on my PS3. I really get into the tactical FPS's like COD4 and COD5. Can't wait for COD4 #2 coming out later this year or first part of next!

I will most likely get F.E.A.R. 2 for my PS3 tomorrow or Tuesday.

The reviews for FEAR2 weren't that good, I couldn't even justify the 11GB download, soooo I passed on it. let me know how it goes.

I had COD4 on my 360 since it came out. I got my 10th prestige...and just kinda quit, there wasn't much fun after that. I DL'ed COD5 for my 360 and I HATED it, I joined my first multiplayer match and as soon as I saw a tank. I turned off my 360. Vehicles are just so gay. I mean, I think they're a necessity to tactical games. But when the vehicles are so **** hard to kill and kill like 6 guys with one shot. Thats when I call it quits. I think if they like gave tanks some amazing weakness that made them easy to kill, but hard to execute, I think it would be a nice balance. But the gameplay wasn't balanced.

COD4 was amazing thats all I can say. It was EXTREMELY competitive. I don't think i'll get it for my PC though. All my friends are 360 gamers, SO I'll DL COD4 #2 to play online with them.

O btw. SHAME ON YOU!!! why on earth would you get a PS3 for gaming?!?!? IF I were to get a PS3 it would be for its amazing media center cababilities. and the fact that you can dual boot linux. Blu-Ray is definitely another kicker. PS3 online or w/e they call it just sucks. Games are alwys laggy, and theres no real "matchmaking" type system. [/rant]

Kruejl
02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
^^^I got my PS3 specifically for its multimedia capabilities as well as the Blu-Ray player. But it has turned out to be quite a capable gaming machine with no worries of RROD. I know plenty of 360 users that like to trash the PS3, but at the end of the day its the ONLY machine capable of 1080p gaming and I haven't experienced ANY lag yet. I will say 360 users have a WAY better online experience. I had a 360 for a while, and I can't tell any difference in graphics quality between the two. Really, both machines are great and offer pretty much the same gaming quality. The PS3 is just now starting to "come out of its shell" with top of the line titles. I think the ultimate gaming experience would be to let the two platforms play online together but it will probably never happen.

MrBucket101
02-22-2009, 09:03 PM
^^^I got my PS3 specifically for its multimedia capabilities as well as the Blu-Ray player. But it has turned out to be quite a capable gaming machine with no worries of RROD. I know plenty of 360 users that like to trash the PS3, but at the end of the day its the ONLY machine capable of 1080p gaming and I haven't experienced ANY lag yet. I will say 360 users have a WAY better online experience. I had a 360 for a while, and I can't tell any difference in graphics quality between the two. The PS3 is just now starting to "come out of its shell" with top of the line titles.

touche on the RROD, I've had 3...BUT two of them were caused by me, botched MOD job...took it back to best buy (I bought that 3 yr extended warranty from BB, BB has a no questions asked policy on any item if you buy the extended warranty through them)and got a new one straight up

With my latest 360, Halo3 Special edition. I've had NO problems and with the added HDMI port, Its fully 1080p capable.

I used to just trash the PS3 outright...BUT a good friend of mine bought it for the blu-ray. And so I started messing around with it and thats when I really saw what it could do :party: , From my experience gaming on it isn't that great unless the game was designed from the ground up to run on the PS3.

Kruejl
02-22-2009, 09:11 PM
^^^Agreed. Many of the PS3 titles are 360 ports. If I had my way, I'd have both machines for sure. But from a cost standpoint, I chose the PS3. It was more on the front end, but with Blu-Ray, built-in Wifi, user-upgradeable HDD and free online play it seemed to be a better deal. I like them both and each one offers something that the other doesn't. But I have NO regrets on getting my PS3 and with the included dual shock controller I am pretty happy with my purchase. Having played COD5 on both, I can't tell any difference on my 50" plasma TV.

Not trying to be a jerk, but even though the newer 360's have HDMI, the machine itself cannot and will not render games in 1080p. The PS3 will. :)

MrBucket101
02-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Not trying to be a jerk, but even though the newer 360's have HDMI, the machine itself cannot and will not render games in 1080p. The PS3 will. :)
meh, the difference between 1080i and 1080p is 200 pixels...and a different refresh rate. TBH I could care less if you are trying to be a jerk LOL, I defend my 360 all the time. Its always going to be that way.

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/ps3vs360.jpg

Kruejl
02-22-2009, 09:41 PM
^^^lol. :)

nsandymary
02-24-2009, 12:05 AM
well guys.. i don't play too much but i got: doom, devil may cry 3 and bloodrayne,oblivion,batman lego(for my grandson)
but honestly, i use it more to see blu-ray movies(i like kruejl got a ps3)