PDA

View Full Version : wireless file trans app??

ROYDAMAN
02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
does n e 1 kno if there is an app to transfer files from one touch to another or ifone to another??? something that uses the wifi like wifile trans. for PSP

maXimus
02-11-2009, 10:30 PM
There is a Bluetooth program that was featured in a YouTube video but nothing has been released yet. If you want to transfer between the iPhone and computer, there are programs such as DataCase app.

MrBucket101
02-11-2009, 11:03 PM
The app maX is talking about is code named "bluesn0w" and has recently been named "SweetTooth"

Its basically bluetooth file sharing

Well we have been hard at work and while working on obex we came up with our awesome gui. We now have a dev dedicated to working on the gui. Our goal is to make a beautiful gui that will impress you as well as having amazing immersing functionality. Im also happy to say we are so close to completing obex and getting ready for release. We have been working on stablity as well of the code that we have. I do not have an eta on release becasue we are not sure how long this will all take. But we do know it wont take long.

Anyway we found out that the donors leaked their last status update (donor update #3) so because you leaked it we are releasing the update publically. In the future if you dont leak it we will not release the updates publically early. I was not going to release this now but oh well. Here it is:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2523/sweettoothv2cr4.png (http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2523/sweettoothv2cr4.png)

-- I guess some explaining needs to go with this:

Tthe physical space around you will be transformed into this kind of "Bluetooth Space" where each device that is found will appear somewhere in space, the closer devices with higher signal strength will be closer to the center, while devices that are far away will be in outer space. It will support multi touch and scrolling vertically and horizontally, and if all that gets to hectic (like I'm talking 100's of devices) or you just hate our amazing design, then the 'classic' list option will always be there.

The search bar at the bottom will support full fuzzy logic searching by BT name, MAC address, Class of device, keywords such as 'computer' or 'phone' or keywords part thereof.

Also - are you sick of typing 0000 or 1234 to pair *every time* you just want to send a file, listen to music etc: iBluetooth Project introduces "Auto-Pin". you set (or choose not to set) a pin which will be used every time you get a request, streamlining your Bluetooth experience and letting you get back to the big picture quicker.

When ever you get a request to push a file onto your device -- the space will automatically scroll to the device requesting and bounce not unlike the OS X dock icons and/or (depending on your Auto-Pin preferences) ask for a pin to connect.

File browsing and actual sending will not have even the slight innovations, its merely functionality we're after for those features

Although this is just a design concept and the final reality will have some changes, this is what we are aiming for and WILL provide to you!
SweetTooth v2. You've just gotta have it.

This should keep you F5'ers happy! Have fun frothing

ROYDAMAN
02-11-2009, 11:12 PM
hmm sweet is it for ifone only cuz i read somewhere that the 2g touch has a bluetooth chip in it just gotta figure out how to activate it

MrBucket101
02-11-2009, 11:25 PM
hmm sweet is it for ifone only cuz i read somewhere that the 2g touch has a bluetooth chip in it just gotta figure out how to activate it
Well, if the iTouch has a bluetooth chip WITH OBEX suport, then I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

I'll look into the bluetooth chip on the iTouch, thanks for the tip

ROYDAMAN
02-11-2009, 11:29 PM
hey no prob also while ur here do u know anything about this siphon app im wonderin how to setup the for lack of better word "account" in the prefs i mean name and password r pretty self explainatory but what about server??

MrBucket101
02-12-2009, 12:13 AM
hey no prob also while ur here do u know anything about this siphon app im wonderin how to setup the for lack of better word "account" in the prefs i mean name and password r pretty self explainatory but what about server??
To be honest, I have NO idea what you are talking about, I don't stay on the bleeding edge in the iTouch scene. So if you would like to make another thread detailing everything. I will be more than happy to check it out and report back

On another note, I looked into the iTouch 2G bluetooth. And it does indeed have a bluetooth chip, Broadcom BCM4325 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR chip to be exact. Atm no one has succeeded in activating the chip longterm for other purposes. The hardware is there but its not in the firmware. erm well it is but the software only lets it interact with the nike+ipod feature etc...

ROYDAMAN
02-12-2009, 09:27 PM
ok thats cool i was just curious cuz u seem to really know what ur doin with this im about to trade my 2g touch for a 2g ifone so im gonna have to use your great JB guide to do that one as well!! and im prolly gonna have some ??'s about that too like the whole cracking for the sim or somethin but well cross that bridge when we get to it haha

MrBucket101
02-13-2009, 12:48 AM
ok thats cool i was just curious cuz u seem to really know what ur doin with this im about to trade my 2g touch for a 2g ifone so im gonna have to use your great JB guide to do that one as well!! and im prolly gonna have some ??'s about that too like the whole cracking for the sim or somethin but well cross that bridge when we get to it haha
It's all in the stickies my friend, read away :thumbup:

ROYDAMAN
02-14-2009, 12:12 AM
so i finally got to DL that sweettooth app on my touch and it doesnt work do u kno of a program that i could use to edit the sweettooth programming??

MrBucket101
02-14-2009, 05:14 AM
sorry to burst your bubble....

first and foremost, if the source isn't open then theres no way you can even start to "edit the programming". Also beacuse of the way you worded that, I'm going to assume you havn't actively coded before...which just makes things harder. (If I'm at all wrong in this assumption, please by all means make an a** out of me ;)) Do you know Objective-C?

next up:
As I mentioned earlier, the bluetooth chip on the iPod Touch has yet to be fully activated and utilized. Which means that this app can't even begin to work. My gut instinct also says that the 2G bluetooth chip is indeed a different bluetooth chip than the iPhone. Which would mean that the devs behind sweet tooth would need to port their code over to the iPod Touch 2G

So, atm Sweet Tooth is only for the iPhone, hence it not working

sorry!

nsandymary
02-14-2009, 12:18 PM
i try it too and it's true: it's not working

ROYDAMAN
02-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Yea youre absolutely right , but i took a class for a week on microsoft c++ and then learned quite a bit about programming on my own after i quit the class so if that objective-c is anything like that i think i might b able to figure somethin out so yea I NEVER coded b 4 but ill try anything once and as far as teh chip not working im thinkin if i can for lack of better words " edit teh sweettooth program" to maybe work on it well hell its worth a shot u know so i guess im on the search for obj-c to give this a try ill keep u updated and thank you a lot you have been very very helpful

maXimus
02-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Good luck! :thumbup:

MrBucket101
02-15-2009, 06:59 AM
Yea youre absolutely right , but i took a class for a week on microsoft c++ and then learned quite a bit about programming on my own after i quit the class so if that objective-c is anything like that i think i might b able to figure somethin out so yea I NEVER coded b 4 but ill try anything once and as far as teh chip not working im thinkin if i can for lack of better words " edit teh sweettooth program" to maybe work on it well hell its worth a shot u know so i guess im on the search for obj-c to give this a try ill keep u updated and thank you a lot you have been very very helpful
Your first stop, obtaining the source code :thumbup:

and like maX said, good luck. I like the fact your willing to work at it. PLEASE post an update for us all here. I'm anxious to see what you turn up

nsandymary
02-15-2009, 12:43 PM
great bro, i hope you can make it work...good luck

ROYDAMAN
02-15-2009, 10:57 PM
So in the whole day that ive spent workin on it so far i downloaded the obj-c program and thats about it o and read like 20 pages of the how to use obbj-c file haha this may b a lot harder than i thought but hey who doesnt like a good challenge

MrBucket101
02-15-2009, 11:45 PM
So in the whole day that ive spent workin on it so far i downloaded the obj-c program and thats about it o and read like 20 pages of the how to use obj-c file haha this may b a lot harder than i thought but hey who doesnt like a good challenge

What obj-c program are you talking about? the compiler?

MrBucket101
02-16-2009, 08:53 PM
since we moved off-topic...The latter half of our discussion has been moved and can be found here (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2363)