PDA

View Full Version : iphone photo question

death2012
02-11-2009, 01:04 PM
ok is it it possible to copy the pictures off of one iphone and put them on another without using itunes like to ssh them
trying to upgrade my wife's iphone and her's hasn't been synced since i upgraded it to 2.2 and since this would get me in the doghouse to lose her pics i thought i'd ask for help

maXimus
02-11-2009, 03:17 PM
You can't copy them to the phone. You have to sync them with iTunes or you could set up an email account with the phone, then email them to the phone. :cool:

MrBucket101
02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Back when I was on linux, I copied photos on and off of the phone all the time. Heres the folder path

/private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/

100APPLE is where photos you take go
999APPLE is where your screenshots go

I never actually put pictures inside the 100APPLE folder, I would just place wallpapers inside the wallpaper folder (which is escaping me atm)...but it should work. Check what permissions the other pictures have and then just mirror them on the new photo/s

this should work with any file

death2012
02-11-2009, 11:42 PM
i thought there'd be a way to copy the files from one iphone to another without itunes
you'd think there would be

MrBucket101
02-12-2009, 12:12 AM
i thought there'd be a way to copy the files from one iphone to another without itunes
you'd think there would be

In all the confusion you may have missed this..give it a good read HERE (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21559&postcount=3)

hehe