PDA

View Full Version : Custom IPSW Links

MrBucket101
02-09-2009, 04:26 AM
Because of the sheer size of the firmware files we cannot host them here at the forum. I'm using rapidshare instead.

The following IPSW's were made using xPwn on Vista64.

If you have not done so, use bootneuter prior to flashing. This will remove all sig checks from the bootloader and allow flashing of a custom IPSW

Each IPSW I make will contain the following changes

changed boot/restore logos
system partition is 700MB
cydia is included
Installer.app is NOT included

The following links are for 2G iPhone
Custom_2.2.1_5H11 - HERE (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=785&act=down)

The following links are for 3G iPhone
Custom_2.2.1_5H11 - HERE (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=786&act=down) <---this IPSW should be yellowsn0w safe

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible if you break your phone

MrBucket101
02-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Thread Unlocked so that users may post their results.

Rikkouri
03-04-2009, 12:38 PM
How do i flash these MrBucket101? I'm assuming that it is not possible through quickpwn?

Details:
iPod 3G 16GB, vista64bit

MrBucket101
03-04-2009, 03:27 PM
How do i flash these MrBucket101? I'm assuming that it is not possible through quickpwn?

Details:
iPod 3G 16GB, vista64bit
There are two ways. But ultimately both use iTunes. If you are already jailbroken and would like a quick upgrade. Install bootneuter and neuter your bootloader. then just shift click on restore and select the custom firmware

The other involves xPwn a command line based utility.

If you need to use xPwn let me know and I will upload it for you and tell you how

angelsniper45
03-27-2009, 10:55 PM
wait....ive heard using other backups like this could mess up your phone. or am i getting confused with flash0 on psps?

MrBucket101
03-28-2009, 12:28 AM
wait....ive heard using other backups like this could mess up your phone. or am i getting confused with flash0 on psps?
Nope, Custom IPSWs are safe. So long as you trust the creator. And seeing as how I know I didn't do anything wrong. (aka I tested them)

They should be just fine

angelsniper45
03-29-2009, 09:57 PM
well i installed this firmware but i cant use at&t with it. My sim doesnt register with it.

MrBucket101
03-29-2009, 10:01 PM
well i installed this firmware but i cant use at&t with it. My sim doesnt register with it.

I don't know why your having the problems your having. It may just be a faulty sim connection, look and see if the pins are bent or stuck in your phone.

The IPSW automatically activates your iPhone. I'm using legit AT&T and I have no problems using my IPSW's. I have not personally used the 3G IPSW but I've gotten good results when used on others iPhones.

In fact, I literally just restored yesterday night using the 2G IPSW posted here. No problems and my mac spoof is still in tact.

EDIT: If anything the IPSW will return an error code when flashed, which basically means that you need to use xPwn and run the itunespwn command first. and then flash your iPhone when its in proper DFU mode.

angelsniper45
03-29-2009, 10:37 PM
hmmm i was using the shift/restore in itunes, and when i restored a normal fw, it was fine, even after i jailbroke it. these cfw files arent working for me though. Im using legit AT&T to.

MrBucket101
03-29-2009, 10:54 PM
hmmm i was using the shift/restore in itunes, and when i restored a normal fw, it was fine, even after i jailbroke it. these cfw files arent working for me though. Im using legit AT&T to.
The reason they aren't working is because you flashed an original IPSW. this undoes the ability to flash a custom IPSW.

look for the xPwn thread in this section. Download xPwn, then move the custom IPSW you downloaded into the xPwn folder.

next type open a cmd prompt located at that folder, then just type in itunespwn customIPSW.ipsw, Where the customIPSW refers to the actual name of the file you just moved.

then put your phone in DFU mode and flash the custom IPSW it will work

AnthonyMD20
04-13-2009, 02:24 AM
Hi Mr. Bucket, my iphone crashed today for the 3rd or 4th time. today I was unable to use the phone feature. It kept blinking out going back to the icon screen. Tonight I decided to restore it to the original ispw. What is the difference in itunes ispw and yours? What am I losing by using theirs? Is it too late to transfer to yours?

MrBucket101
04-13-2009, 03:36 AM
Hi Mr. Bucket, my iphone crashed today for the 3rd or 4th time. today I was unable to use the phone feature. It kept blinking out going back to the icon screen. Tonight I decided to restore it to the original ispw. What is the difference in itunes ispw and yours? What am I losing by using theirs? Is it too late to transfer to yours?
theres not tooo many advantages to using my IPSW's

mine just comes pre-jailbroken and in some cases is just faster to flash. The only real advantage I can see if that 3G owners can use my IPSW to upgrade to 2.2.1 w/o upgrading the baseband. It all depends on your preferences. For me, Its just easier to flash one file and be done. It also makes restoring the phone really. every now and then I just want to start fresh, and this IPSW just comes with cydia.

if your having troubles use their stock IPSW, and just run quickpwn

maXimus
04-13-2009, 08:53 AM
If you used the stock 2.2.1, you can jailbreak but may never be able to unlock....as least not for now. :cool:

Kruejl
05-21-2009, 12:22 AM
I just used MrBucket's custom 3G 2.2.1 IPSW and it seems to be working great. Bootneuter hung up on me while determining current settings, then I lost service and got the error that says I needed to restore. I went ahead and restored via shift/click in iTunes and all seems to be good. I was having some really serious problems with my iPhone freezing in Safari and kicking me back to the home screen. Hopefully 2.2.1 will fix that. Yell0wsnow installed fine and I had service with T-Mo within a matter of minutes after the Restore. Thank MrB!!

Kruejl
05-21-2009, 12:58 AM
I have found one problem, I get the "You must first connect to iTunes with an internet connection to enable YouTube" error. I of course am connected to the net and have synced with iTunes many times. Any ideas?

Edit: I found the Lockdown files and replaced them. Its working now!

maXimus
05-21-2009, 11:29 PM
I have found one problem, I get the "You must first connect to iTunes with an internet connection to enable YouTube" error. I of course am connected to the net and have synced with iTunes many times. Any ideas?

Edit: I found the Lockdown files and replaced them. Its working now!
Really? I hadn't seen that before. Actually I haven't seen a YouTube error in a while! Glad you got it worked out! :cheers:

Maybe you could put the Lockdown file in the Downloads section for others just in case. :cool:

nsandymary
05-22-2009, 08:26 AM
glad you fix it kruejl.please put it on the downloads just in case it happen to anyone else. like you i got t-mo and is working good exept some things that i have to work with it like the t-zones hacks but i going to fix it.

Kruejl
05-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Uploaded! :)

MrBucket101
05-23-2009, 10:56 PM
sorry bout the youtube issues, glad you got it fixed though.

Kruejl
05-23-2009, 11:39 PM
no big deal M8. Easy fix, I wish all modding issues were that easy! :D

maXimus
05-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the upload Kruejl! :cheers: