PDA

View Full Version : No Service after Yellowsn0w, misc. Blutooth problems

Prolevelz
01-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Help...

i have restored it with 2.2
quickpwn 2.2

then after installing yellowsn0w
i have tried this.,, but still no service.

***HINTS: It seems that getting your iPhone to pick up your new carrier can be helped by turning off 3G and perhaps toggling the Airplane Mode switch on and off. If you are still having problems try removing and reinserting the SIM or booting with the new SIM already inside. Finally, you can also try to Reset Network Settings from the Settings:General:Reset Menu.
the very first 1 i have unlock 1 with no problems after right away the released of yellowsn0w.

Prolevelz
01-04-2009, 10:27 PM
i followed this steps: http://iphonemodding.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2186

looks ok .. but when i off the iPhone and change another carrier,... then goes back to No Service.,,

hehehehe,..hmmmmmmmmm why???

And i repeat the steps again with another carrier... then works again also...

So my question everytime i will change to another carrier should i really do that???

Prolevelz
01-04-2009, 11:12 PM
ok all i have to do now is not to (power it off/power onn) when changing another carrier...

works fine for now... im observing it. ;)

MrBucket101
01-04-2009, 11:14 PM
glad you figured it out :smile:

Prolevelz
01-04-2009, 11:18 PM
glad you figured it out :smile:

why is that sir??? when power off - it will take you to no service when power it onn???

i just want to know the reason why>>.??? :smile:

maXimus
01-05-2009, 12:06 AM
What I understand is that yellowsn0w installs a small program to unlock that runs when the phone boots. This is why you should change sims without restarting the phone. The Dev Team is working on a solution to avoid having to go through those steps. Hopefully in the next release. :cool:

Prolevelz
01-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Nice admin maX...;):D

Prolevelz
01-05-2009, 11:48 PM
As far as im observing it!!!

Now im facing another problem of bluetooth. always searching... why?

it can't detect other devices...

Or should i make another thread???

MrBucket101
01-05-2009, 11:55 PM
As far as im observing it!!!
Or should i make another thread???
Nah, for now lets consolidate your problems, I'll change the title to reflect this

Now im facing another problem of bluetooth. always searching... why?

it can't detect other devices...

AFAIK the built-in-bluetooth will always be searching for new devices and will always be broadcasting its signal...I've noticed that with my 2G the battery life is horrible with Bluetooth on. So much in fact that I've ceased to use bluetooth devices in general

In order to detect other devices they must be in discovery mode (the iPhone doesn't support file sharing over bluetooth), on most headsets you hold down the power button for 5-7 seconds and then the LED on the device will illuminate a different color and stay solid till it is paired, on almost all BT headsets the password is 0000

Prolevelz
01-06-2009, 12:09 AM
ah okies

so other devices like cellphone it can't detect to have some file sharing...

only devices like Bluetooth headset...

Really? i thought iPhone 3G, has now a file sharing.... :rolleyes:

you really are great as a modz,.. sir Mrbucket. knows a lot of it.

MrBucket101
01-06-2009, 12:20 AM
you really are great as a modz,.. sir Mrbucket. knows a lot of it.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, PLEEEEASE... don't call me sir...I'm barely even 20

ah okies
so other devices like cellphone it can't detect to have some file sharing...

only devices like Bluetooth headset...

Really? i thought iPhone 3G, has now a file sharing.... :rolleyes:

I have yet to find a phone that the iPhone can send/receive files with
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've never found a bluetooth headset/receiver system that did not work with the iPhone...(even my Mom's built in in-car bluetooth system worked fine)

As for the last part, it depends on how technical you want to get. In particular there is an application in cydia called cTorrent, which is a port of uTorrent. The entire utility is command line and to be honest i think its more a proof of concept than a fully functioning BitTorrent Client

As far as bluetooth sharing goes...NO

Prolevelz
01-06-2009, 12:25 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, PLEEEEASE... don't call me sir...I'm barely even 20

wokies!!! :laugh:

not totally a big file just only a taken PIC...then send to other cellphone like samsung brand Z170...
the iPhone cant see it.... but PIC is consider as a file. so no chance...

THanks a lot for your time MrBucket.

maXimus
01-06-2009, 12:27 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^:lol:

But you have the knowledge of a 40 year old! :thumbup:

wokies!!! :laugh:

not totally a big file just only a taken PIC...then send to other cellphone like samsung brand Z170...
the iPhone cant see it.... but PIC is consider as a file. so no chance...

THanks a lot for your time MrBucket.
I miss bluetooth file sharing. :rolleyes:

.....and MMS, and copy/paste, and........ :D

MrBucket101
01-06-2009, 12:37 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^:lol:

But you have the knowledge of a 40 year old! :thumbup:

I miss bluetooth file sharing. :rolleyes:

.....and MMS, and copy/paste, and........ :D
I only miss MMS, with BT filesharing all i ever did was send ringtones to lazy leeches

maXimus
01-06-2009, 12:51 AM
I only miss MMS, with BT filesharing all i ever did was send ringtones to lazy leeches
I used to share photos and videos mainly. :cool:

chuckturner
01-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I used to share photos and videos mainly. :cool:

Yea I miss the good old days of sharing files over bluetooth. I have had my iPhone so long I forgot all about it:bigcry:

MrBucket101
01-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Yea I miss the good old days of sharing files over bluetooth. I have had my iPhone so long I forgot all about it:bigcry:

If only I could get swirlyMMS working...I can't seem to convince the dumba**es at AT&T to remove the MMS lock on my iPhone acct

maXimus
01-07-2009, 01:07 AM
If only I could get swirlyMMS working...I can't seem to convince the dumba**es at AT&T to remove the MMS lock on my iPhone acct
Have you tried removing the iPhone data plan all-together?