PDA

View Full Version : Alabama #2 vs. Arkansas State

maXimus
11-01-2008, 02:24 PM
No. 2 Alabama vs. Arkansas State, 3 p.m.

The Tide already beat Arkansas by 35 points. Against the smaller school from the Natural State, it might actually be a game for a little while. Alabama 35, Arkansas State 16.

Via USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/columnist/weekendforecast/2008-10-29-column_N.htm)

chuckturner
11-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Yea you were whooping them pretty good last I heard

maXimus
11-01-2008, 05:50 PM
We're up 35-0!!!!!! :laugh:

maXimus
11-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Tide wins!!! :thumbup:

No. 2 Alabama produced a shutout, a 100-yard rusher and a defensive touchdown in a game that would have been easy to overlook.

What the Crimson Tide didn't have: a letdown.

Mark Ingram ran for 113 yards and two touchdowns on 12 carries and Rashad Johnson scored on a 32-yard interception return in the Tide's 35-0 victory over Arkansas State on Saturday.

Alabama (9-0) turned in a dominant all-around performance to set the stage for next week's showdown at No. 15 LSU in the type of game that had been a stumbling block for recent Tide teams.

Think Louisiana-Monroe, another Sun Belt Conference team that upset 'Bama last season.

``We're starting to develop that attitude of be as good as you can be, don't play to your opponent, all those kind of things,'' said Tide coach Nick Saban, who is set to face his former team at LSU.
Did somebody say LSU? The team Saban once led to a national championship?

``I haven't really thought about it yet,'' he said of his return to Baton Rouge, ``but it ain't going to be about me.''

Well, not just about him.

chuckturner
11-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Congrats MaX