PDA

View Full Version : Q9H WM6.1 EUROPE (W2100) (German, English, Italian...)

maXimus
09-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Downloads: A new file has been added by maXimus:

Q9H WM6.1 EUROPE (W2100) (German, English, Italian...) (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=149)

Thanks Elepfant! :cheers:

maXimus
09-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Can someone please confirm whether this is locked or unlocked please! :cool:

skiwi
09-17-2008, 10:26 AM
I have fresh it with my q9h, its unlocked rom.

maXimus
09-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks skiwi, I'll update the info! :cheers:

maXimus
09-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Q9H WM6.1 EUROPE (W2100) (German, English, Italian...) (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=149) has been updated!

GraemeCR
09-20-2008, 09:46 AM
This s/w starts (defaults) in German language, but settings can be changed to English (even UK, US, Aust varieties of English) as usual, and to your region.

Since the default is German, the "z" and "y" keys are swapped. Use a Registry Editor to make the two edits (HKLM and HKCU) to make the change to your preferred language. See the following thread: Swap "Y" and "Z" in Keyboard Layout in WM6. (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412)

As previously confirmed by skiwi, (and now also by me :smile: ), the ROM is unlocked.

BIG ACH
09-26-2008, 05:02 AM
Hey guys, I downloaded this version and noticed that it does not have a PDF viewer, can anyone confirm that this happened to them too? Or is it just me??? LOL

I bought Documents to Go so I am covered now but still I felt violated Lol :-)

Also, This version was not able to automatically determine my GPRS settings (I am using Mobinil in Egypt).

Are these problems common in the other versions or just this on?

GraemeCR
09-26-2008, 12:59 PM
I hadn't noticed the missing PDF Viewer - it is not present - but I did see that Microsoft's Office Mobile is included.
Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, Powerpoint Mobile and OneNote Mobile are included in that package.

I think the Automatic GPRS settings is not present - unless you upgrade via the web - from "Motorola direct" - and your carrier's name is on the list, it's manual entry.

BIG ACH
09-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks GraemeCR. Guess thats how it is!!! LOL This board is really helpful!

maXimus
09-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks GraemeCR. Guess thats how it is!!! LOL This board is really helpful!
That's what we're here for!! :cheers:

softhack23
09-29-2008, 06:11 AM
That's what we're here for!! :cheers:
hi

i have flash my motorola q9h italian version with firmware at&t firmware but it's become lock
i tried with german firmware, with italian firmware but the device remains lock

how remove lock sim?

sorry for the bad english :bigcry:

maXimus
09-29-2008, 07:46 AM
You will need the unlock code from your provider or you will need an unlock box. HERE (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=138) is the unlocked version of th firmware that you should use. :cool:

pacifica
09-29-2008, 05:11 PM
sorry guys but i have a question...how do i flash the q9h? right now i have the q9h locked to AT&T i doenloaded the software but how do i get it on the phone? and will yjis unlock the phone?

BIG ACH
09-29-2008, 11:10 PM
You need to download RSD Lite Version 3.8 or higher Then get your q9h into bootloader mode, turn off the phone, then hold down * and # as you turn it on. Next connect it to your PC by USB and run RSD Lite. the phone should show up, next find the rom you downloaded and Click "Start" to Flash. Do not disconnect your phone during the flash, could take 10-20 mins to be complete.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! Flashing roms, can and WILL brick your phone if you are not careful!

Good Luck!

BIG ACH
09-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I have another question. I can't seem to flash my phone back to WM 6.0

I upgraded to this version of WM 6.1 and wanted to flash back to 6.0 which version should I use?

My original rom is no longer available. Antime I try to use to a rom posted, like the Retail british one or the Asia Pacific/Mid East one flash fails from the start.

Any suggestions?

GraemeCR
09-30-2008, 09:39 AM
I have another question. I can't seem to flash my phone back to WM 6.0

I upgraded to this version of WM 6.1 and wanted to flash back to 6.0 which version should I use?

My original rom is no longer available. Antime I try to use to a rom posted, like the Retail british one or the Asia Pacific/Mid East one flash fails from the start.

Any suggestions?
For reasons that I don't understand, I have difficulty flashing some ROMs using Windows Vista, but never a problem with Win XP SP2.

What is the message on the phone's screen prior to RSD fail?
"Sockets not found"? Or what?
Does RSD report "waiting for renumeration"?

BIG ACH
09-30-2008, 09:58 AM
For reasons that I don't understand, I have difficulty flashing some ROMs using Windows Vista, but never a problem with Win XP SP2.

What is the message on the phone's screen prior to RSD fail?
"Sockets not found"? Or what?
Does RSD report "waiting for renumeration"?

I get no message on the q's screen, I don't make it that far LOL. I get flash failed on RSD Lite almost isntantly as soon as I click "start" it goes "FLASH FAILED" in less than a second!

GraemeCR
09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
I get no message on the q's screen, I don't make it that far LOL. I get flash failed on RSD Lite almost isntantly as soon as I click "start" it goes "FLASH FAILED" in less than a second!

Did RSD show the device "connected"?

Suggest, if you haven't already, some or all of the following:

shut down RSD and restart
reboot PC and restart RSD
remove battery from phone and retry
power device up in bootloader mode

BIG ACH
09-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Did RSD show the device "connected"?

Suggest, if you haven't already, some or all of the following:

shut down RSD and restart
reboot PC and restart RSD
remove battery from phone and retry
power device up in bootloader mode

Yes RSD showed the device connected. Dunno what the problem was, I've tried all these suggestions, none worked. Any ideas?

szirog
09-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Can You switch the phone in flash mode manually ('*'+'#'+'PWR ON')?

BIG ACH
09-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Yes I can get it into flash/bootloader mode, and then I connect it to my laptop and RSD lite can see it and says phone connected, and as soon as I click start, it reads Flash Failed, phone is connected!

Dunno whats going on!

BIG ACH
10-01-2008, 01:01 AM
YESSS!!!!! FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!! I tried it again on another machine running XP and it worked in a second, as if it gave me the finger LOL!!

I GOT OPERA AGAIN!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!

pacifica
10-01-2008, 08:44 AM
thanks for the reply, so i tried tried to get it into bootloader mode and no luck holding the #* and power and ideas? thx

BIG ACH
10-01-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm not really sure of any other way to get into bootloader mode except this way. Maybe someone else can give you some suggestions.

Maximus, on another note, I'd like to share my Rom on here but dunno how. Its the original WM 6.0 ROM that came with my phone, languages are: Arabic, English, French, Porteugese, and Spanish. Also comes with Mobidev Arabic software, to read and write arabic, as well as some other things like Muslim Prayer times, arabic translator, etc It comes with Yahoo! Go and Opera browser.
Whats weird though that it doesn't have windows mesesnger or windows live? How can I upload it on here, I already have it on my dekstop!

pacifica
10-01-2008, 09:31 AM
thanks anyways...looked on the web but everything says the same as you, just thought i was doing somthing wrong..

maXimus
10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Maximus, on another note, I'd like to share my Rom on here but dunno how. Its the original WM 6.0 ROM that came with my phone, languages are: Arabic, English, French, Porteugese, and Spanish. Also comes with Mobidev Arabic software, to read and write arabic, as well as some other things like Muslim Prayer times, arabic translator, etc It comes with Yahoo! Go and Opera browser.
Whats weird though that it doesn't have windows mesesnger or windows live? How can I upload it on here, I already have it on my dekstop!
Go HERE (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=add&cat=16) and you can upload the file. Or click the Downloads (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php) link on the nav bar and navigate to Motorola>Q (all). :cool:

lfc1892
10-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Hi Guys
I could do with your help and advice.
I have a Moto Q9h which is an unlocked AT&T phone,

Carrier: Motorola
AP: 01.09.19R
APFLEX: NANORMANEnt00004
LANGUAGE PACK : 0105
BP: MODEM4_U_40.11.40R_01
BPFLEX: UCNORMANNAR2W611A_029
DSP: 53270000
MBM: BOOT_U_02.06.00R_NORM

Now the problem I have is that I am using this phone in the UK and can't get HSDPA or 3G has there is no UTMS 2100 band in band selection

if I use the ROM in this thread will it give me this band for Europe? or can a North American phone be flashed with a euro rom and work?

I have looked around and can't really figure it out

TA

szirog
10-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Guys
I could do with your help and advice.
I have a Moto Q9h which is an unlocked AT&T phone,

Carrier: Motorola
AP: 01.09.19R
APFLEX: NANORMANEnt00004
LANGUAGE PACK : 0105
BP: MODEM4_U_40.11.40R_01
BPFLEX: UCNORMANNAR2W611A_029
DSP: 53270000
MBM: BOOT_U_02.06.00R_NORM

Now the problem I have is that I am using this phone in the UK and can't get HSDPA or 3G has there is no UTMS 2100 band in band selection

if I use the ROM in this thread will it give me this band for Europe? or can a North American phone be flashed with a euro rom and work?

I have looked around and can't really figure it out

TA

Hi,

The US Moto Q9h hardware doesn't support the european 3G band. You can use only in Europe the 2G (900, 1800) frequency band with GPRS/EDGE data connection (no HSDPA/HSUPA). I tried several european ROM-s with my US phone and neither can connect to the european 3G network.

(In my opinion is the best solution a custom ROM: US firmware part + European OS part. You can made this custom ROM from orginal ROM-s with the SBFTool utility)

lfc1892
10-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi,

The US Moto Q9h hardware doesn't support the european 3G band. You can use only in Europe the 2G (900, 1800) frequency band with GPRS/EDGE data connection (no HSDPA/HSUPA). I tried several european ROM-s with my US phone and neither can connect to the european 3G network.

(In my opinion is the best solution a custom ROM: US firmware part + European OS part. You can made this custom ROM from orginal ROM-s with the SBFTool utility)

Thanks for info, I haven't got a clue when it comes to custom roms, did u manage to do it on your Moto?

GraemeCR
10-04-2008, 12:18 PM
@lfc1892, your hardware does not support European 3G (W2100 Band).

Others have tried to achieve what you want - it isn't there.

I have both the "Euro" and "AT&T" model. I have flashed the "Euro" one with AT&T ROMs in the hopes of activating AT&Ts 3G - (W850/W1900 Bands) - without success.

Other than that, your unlocked phone is quad-band GSM with EDGE. It will operate properly on UK networks, except not at 3G speed.

lfc1892
10-04-2008, 02:39 PM
@lfc1892, your hardware does not support European 3G (W2100 Band).

Others have tried to achieve what you want - it isn't there.

I have both the "Euro" and "AT&T" model. I have flashed the "Euro" one with AT&T ROMs in the hopes of activating AT&Ts 3G - (W850/W1900 Bands) - without success.

Other than that, your unlocked phone is quad-band GSM with EDGE. It will operate properly on UK networks, except not at 3G speed.

Ok thanks for the advice,

Just a shame I can't use the full capabilities of this phone, but nevermind

dis100
10-16-2008, 12:27 PM
http://www.maximus.ws/forum/files/motorola/firmware/Q9h/SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01_10_05R_MODEM4_U_40_11_40R_12_U SNORMAN25RTDER2W611A002_1FF-Enterprise-German_3801569218.rar

FIle is broken. Please upload again good file. I cheked 3 times.

maXimus
10-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Try this link:

http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=149&act=down

dis100
10-17-2008, 03:57 AM
hmm... file is same but first time i downloaded by Flashget, second Download Master. Ans second time everything works perfect. thx

And i support idia about hardware difference!
I installed EUROPEAN firmware on my USA q9h from ATT.
I live in Ukraine. But.... still no EUROPEAN 3g. It means USA phones does not support european 3g frequency

and GPS is not supported by this european firmware(because i have gps in my device).

maximus - please make together all this three posts

renegatu
11-03-2008, 04:54 AM
thanks MaXimus for that ROM image,
it has worked for me !!! :)

maXimus
11-03-2008, 11:38 AM
thanks MaXimus for that ROM image,
it has worked for me !!! :)
We're glad to help! :cool:

silvatomas
01-02-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm having a problem, after i flashed the Q9h with the 6.1 ROM, i can't seem to make calls, well, i make them but i can't hear the other person and the other person doesn't hear me, only if i push the loudspeaker option in the menu i get sound...any idea ?!

GraemeCR
01-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't know of anything specific in any flash that would do that.'

You might try flashing again. Maybe there was a "hiccup" during the programming phase?

mobiletogo
01-03-2009, 07:30 PM

SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01_10_05R_MODEM4_U_40_11_40R_12_U SNORMAN25RTDER2W611A002_1FF-Enterprise-German_3801569218 (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=149)

Q9H WM6.1 EUROPE (W2100) (German, English, Italian...).

Does anyone know where i can get this flash rom... for USA version???

maXimus
01-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know where i can get this flash rom... for USA version???
Have you tried this page (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=16) yet?? :cool:

silvatomas
01-06-2009, 07:19 AM
I reflashed, and problem solved :)

Thanks!

maXimus
01-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Great news silvatomas! :cheers:

mmfarhan
01-15-2009, 07:29 AM
I installed SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01_10_05R_MODEM4_U_40_11_40R_12_U on my AT&T branded Q 9H. Everything is ok apart from GPS. GPS is not working anymore. Is there any solution available to activate GPS on this European ROM.

Thanks

chino
02-07-2009, 12:30 AM
This is for real!! I did was determined to have the latest unbranded ROM (German WinMo 6.1) and being able to use Latin (North) American 3G.

So what I did was, I flashed the Q9H with the latest german ROM (available in this site), but no w850/1900 3G. Then I used a tool called "Portable SBF Tool" to "cook" a rom with the best of both worlds.

I downloaded the Telstar ROM from Australia, which uses w850/1900 3G, and opened it with the tool, I changed the CG33 (I asumed it is the OS) file with the one from the German ROM. Then I saved the new .sbf file and flashed the combined ROM.

The flashing process takes two steps, first it upgrades the MODEM and then the OS.

This process is going to fail, due to some CRC checks, but it fails after the modem has been updated. All you have to do is take out the battery, put it back again, and you get:

WinMO 6.1, unlocked, unbranded, and full of great stuff like power saving mode, MS Office, GPS, yes GPS!! and W850/1900 3G.

THIS IS NO BS! :cheers: I did it, and it works!!!

Just to let the Wolrd know, I am from GUATEMALA!! Central America :one:

All I need to know is why the Messenger is not working, I cannot find the connection settings, I can use IE and Live with no problem, just the Messenger does not connect. If anyone knows something about it, please let me know....

sumanto
02-13-2009, 08:37 PM
im using the q9h from at&t and it still locked, and the interface was in german.
any related roms that i could use?
thanks

GraemeCR
02-14-2009, 10:25 AM
im using the q9h from at&t and it still locked, and the interface was in german.
any related roms that i could use?
thanks
Welcome to the Forum!

Where are you trying to use the phone?
Does it have WinMo 6.1?

AT&T does not provide (direct) service outside of the US, so if your phone is locked to AT&T and yet it has a German interface, then the phone does may have an 'original' ROM. (Unless you simply need to change your Region and Language preferences.)

Other possibilities include that a 'locked' AT&T ROM was flashed to a non-US phone.

sumanto
02-14-2009, 07:04 PM
im using this phone on australia, and when i receive it, it didnt have winmo 6.1
but after i upgrade it, it changes to winmo 6.1

is there any possible way to unlocked this phone using any rom, because i was trying some rom the other day and it worked, but for some reason i cannot use my phone connectivity. no phone or texting what so ever.

thank you for the welcome :)

GraemeCR
02-14-2009, 09:27 PM
im using this phone on australia, and when i receive it, it didnt have winmo 6.1
but after i upgrade it, it changes to winmo 6.1

is there any possible way to unlocked this phone using any rom, because i was trying some rom the other day and it worked, but for some reason i cannot use my phone connectivity. no phone or texting what so ever.

thank you for the welcome :)

Unfortunately, if you flashed the phone with locked ROM you may be out of luck. If the phone was released by AT&T and you have an account with AT&T, you may get an unlock code from them. If the phone came through another carrier, you may be able to get a code from that carrier. It may 'roam' on Vodafone Australia's network... maybe.

Billis
02-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Just a quick question: Does this f/w have support for the greek language? I would be grateful for any comments on this.

MrBucket101
02-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Just a quick question: Does this f/w have support for the greek language? I would be grateful for any comments on this.
I don't think so....

Baggyg
03-26-2009, 02:09 AM
This is for real!! I did was determined to have the latest unbranded ROM (German WinMo 6.1) and being able to use Latin (North) American 3G.

So what I did was, I flashed the Q9H with the latest german ROM (available in this site), but no w850/1900 3G. Then I used a tool called "Portable SBF Tool" to "cook" a rom with the best of both worlds.

I downloaded the Telstar ROM from Australia, which uses w850/1900 3G, and opened it with the tool, I changed the CG33 (I asumed it is the OS) file with the one from the German ROM. Then I saved the new .sbf file and flashed the combined ROM.

The flashing process takes two steps, first it upgrades the MODEM and then the OS.

This process is going to fail, due to some CRC checks, but it fails after the modem has been updated. All you have to do is take out the battery, put it back again, and you get:

WinMO 6.1, unlocked, unbranded, and full of great stuff like power saving mode, MS Office, GPS, yes GPS!! and W850/1900 3G.

All I need to know is why the Messenger is not working, I cannot find the connection settings, I can use IE and Live with no problem, just the Messenger does not connect. If anyone knows something about it, please let me know....

Can someone confirm that you can just replace CGs to u/g the OS? Seems a bit too easy to me.

MrBucket101
03-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Can someone confirm that you can just replace CGs to u/g the OS? Seems a bit too easy to me.
I do not have a MotoQ9, however I have had 3-4 motorola phones. And the process this user was described seems completely logical to me. I see no reason why it won't work. I'm also assuming that the MotoQ9 is similar to other Motos...

Back in the day I used a tool called randomSHX to decompile Moto Firmware and then replace different CG's to create a custom firmware. Then you put it all back together and it flashes and fails the crc check b/c you did modify some files. You can manually go in with a hex editor and change the file signature back to the original and it will fix that problem but its not worth the time unless your going to share publically

kikkegek
04-07-2009, 03:49 PM
flashed it three days ago using this ROM. works very well.

provider: Vodaphone, Netherlands

no problems sofar! thanks man!

msfraser
04-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Can you share the cooked ROM? I'm in Australia and have a Q9h with the German ROM, but can't use the HSDPA. Where did you get the Telstra ROM from?

bloodaxe
06-13-2009, 09:08 PM
i did it.

tool ATT modem parts + euro software... works fine...

@maximus: how can i send u the file so u can post it here?

au6u5t_t
07-28-2009, 09:37 AM
i have a question now i'am using Q9h telstra, and i want to flash this winmo 6.1 will my phone locked? will my internet GPRS session lock? thanks

maXimus
07-28-2009, 09:51 AM
i have a question now i'am using Q9h telstra, and i want to flash this winmo 6.1 will my phone locked? will my internet GPRS session lock? thanks
It's unlocked. As far as the "internet GPRS session" is concerned, I can't help you on that. Many people have had success, just read the thread....and as always, flash at your own risk. :cool:

freshsnake
09-23-2009, 04:23 AM
Sir I have a motorola q9h unlocked from vodafone but to upgrade i have flashed it with at&t locked file and now the phone is locked...............
I have flashed with this german Rom but still it says locked is there any solution to unlock it without code ...........................
Plz help Even The Official AT&T unlocked file on this forum is not unlocking it.............

maXimus
09-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Sir I have a motorola q9h unlocked from vodafone but to upgrade i have flashed it with at&t locked file and now the phone is locked...............
I have flashed with this german Rom but still it says locked is there any solution to unlock it without code ...........................
Plz help Even The Official AT&T unlocked file on this forum is not unlocking it.............
An unlocked file does not unlock a phone. It will not relock an unlocked phone. You must have the phone unlocked and then you can reflash with an unlocked file. :cool:

zlatanpekmez
11-06-2009, 05:04 PM

Q9H WM6.1 EUROPE (W2100) (German, English, Italian...) (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=149)

Could you tell me if I flash with this rom could I use my phone
normaly becouse it says its unlocked and I wont to stay unlocked. I have unlocked wm 6 rom
and have 3g but I only wont the phone to work normally on my network and if has no 3g no metter! Now works with 3 operators that I tried and 2 of them give 3g on my motorola q9h! Someone who tried could you tell me becouse i dont wont to lock and to become unusefull.
Thanks in advanced!
:angel:

maXimus
11-06-2009, 07:55 PM
It has been used hundreds of time and is unlocked. :cool:

zlatanpekmez
11-07-2009, 05:43 AM
Thanks man! I red it all but I just want to be shore!
I will try it and get back to you.
Again, many thanks!

zlatanpekmez
11-09-2009, 06:22 PM
It worked, I now have wm6.1. 3g dont work but everything else is working nice!
So it is stable version and works perfect

zlatanpekmez
11-10-2009, 09:17 AM
somehow my 3g is back! I inserted sim from other operator who is less
known and i got my 3g back but on telenor which i mostly use 3g is gone,
so I gonna use this one with 3g from oue domestic serbian operator MTS, does anyone now why is that?
Is it maybe a diference in a network!

zlatanpekmez
12-26-2009, 11:05 AM
It has been used hundreds of time and is unlocked. :cool:
Hej Max could you try to dowload the latest wm6.5 for Q 9h
from this site and post it here!?
Here is the link but I dont know how to download althou Im very
close to do it!
Thanks!
http://d.namipan.com/d/fce471e36666985fcbcb2c2e72e80993b11b3ac81dce4a03# (http://d.namipan.com/d/fce471e36666985fcbcb2c2e72e80993b11b3ac81dce4a03#)
:angel:

huatz84
12-29-2009, 02:27 AM
Yeah..I also need that latest WM6.5 ROM so bad. Please anyone upload it to somewhere. Thanx. :)

maXimus
12-29-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't understand Chinese. :D

Migael
02-02-2010, 06:04 AM
I tryed run a WM6.5 Rom, but even when we change language to english 30% of the phone still in Chinese...

mitja
11-22-2010, 06:34 PM
I locked my phone with this :(
My operator is MTS Telekom Serbia..
Any ideas?

alexander_bg
12-25-2010, 04:24 AM
thx for the share

sunilpal45
05-20-2012, 09:28 AM
its having error...plz can u giv me another link.....

maXimus
05-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Can you try again now please and let me know?

shashankmobile
06-22-2012, 06:17 AM
i flashed my q9h with this rom, but handset is still locked.

Br.
Shashank

maXimus
06-24-2012, 10:24 AM
The rom is unlocked, meaning it won't lock your handset when using. But you have to be unlocked first. This will not unlock you. :cool: