PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of downgrading my touch to 1.1.4....

Kruejl
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
I have a Touch, and currently running 2.0.2 but I don't know if I like it. The App store is ok, but battery life seems short and WiFi not as strong. I also miss the apps available for 1.1.4, like vWallpaper and uSirius. The apps out on Cydia and Installer for 2.0.2 are lame, plain and simple.

Anyway, what is the best way to downgrade and secondly, should I?

maXimus
09-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I personally don't recommend it. Fixes are always being released for things like optimizing battery life and wi-fi issues. But I have always been an advocate of actualizing and not moving backwards. There's usually more pros than cons. Eventually ALL apps will be 2.0 compliant. It's just taking time. My wife has had a video wallpaper on her iPhone but she removed it and doesn't remember where it came from but I'll try to look around Cydia since I didn't give her Installer. There are more apps being added to Cydia everyday. Be patient. They'll get there! :cool:

Kruejl
09-06-2008, 08:42 PM
vWallpaper was an App that played various wallpapers as a slide show and you could save and use them. They came from a server where other people uploaded their walls so basically it was a way to share wallpaper. I also don't like Winterboard because you can't "mix and match" icons from various themes to get what you want. Its either all or nothing of the theme. Customize is really buggy on my Touch with this firmware.

maXimus
09-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I just don't like going backwards! I have faith in technology moving forward! ;)

Kruejl
09-06-2008, 09:46 PM
But if for some reason you WERE to go backwards, how would you go about doing it? LOL!

maXimus
09-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Well I would run chuck's guide (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1634) to downgrade iTunes to 7.5. Then put the phone in DFU mode and Restore to 1.1.4. You may have to do it a couple of times, though. Sometimes it doesn't take on the first try. You may even have to kick it out of DFU with iBrickr or something similar. :cool:

MrBucket101
09-07-2008, 04:31 AM
vwallpaper came from http://idanstaface.net

as far as downgrading kruejl, im running 1.1.4 on my iPhone currently and i agree whole heartedly with you in the sense that the apps on the 2.0.x FW are lame (i upgraded and didnt like it so i went back), I do have the intent to upgrade again but i want to upgrade and be able to maintain the same experience apps wise.

Categories has just been ported so for me that is a big step, however i use lots of different apps that i cant be without, hence the wait

Zwayne
09-07-2008, 03:24 PM
You all will be waiting a long time for the apps to catch up with Apple as fast as they keeps putting out new F/W. LOL

maXimus
09-07-2008, 07:09 PM
You all will be waiting a long time for the apps to catch up with Apple as fast as they keeps putting out new F/W. LOL

Naaa, the 2.0 standard will be around for a while. The apps will catch up before 3.0! It's only taking longer in the beginning because apart from changing to the 2.0 standard, everyone is also changing to the Cydia standard. Ever since "Installer" was bought from Nullriver by RipDev, it has been very slow going but saurik has been developing Cydia for a while. It proves that patience can truly be a virtue! :thumbup:

Zwayne
09-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I dont know about that....2.1 should be out in a few days or so they say......And it will probably break a lot of the apps that work now.....so they say.

maXimus
09-08-2008, 06:36 PM
vWallpaper was an App that played various wallpapers as a slide show and you could save and use them. They came from a server where other people uploaded their walls so basically it was a way to share wallpaper. I also don't like Winterboard because you can't "mix and match" icons from various themes to get what you want. Its either all or nothing of the theme. Customize is really buggy on my Touch with this firmware.
In Cydia there is now a category called Themes (Video) that has video wallpapers to work with Winterboard!! No need for vWallpaper now!! :cool:

pman860507
06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
my iPod touch is still on 1.1.4 actually because i didnt really fell like messing with an upgrade.

Kruejl
06-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Ahh, good old 1.1.4. It was really a solid firmware. :)