PDA

View Full Version : Margarito beats previously unbeaten Cotto

maXimus
07-27-2008, 12:45 AM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2008/07/26/margarito-lede.jpg

The Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito fight had to be one of the best fights I have ever seen. I'm sure it will go down in history as one of the best of all times!! It's pretty common knowledge that Cotto is a much better fighter earlier in fights and tends to lose momento in the second half. It is also common knowledge the Margarito is a slow starter who gains steam and momento in the second half of fights. This was the making for an early Cotto knock-out....or was it???

Cotto dished out some serious punishment to Margarito in the early rounds. Any other fighter would not have survived the stiff jabs from Cotto. No one expected a slow-starting Margarito to handle the barrage of punches. Cotto has some of the fastest hands in boxing. But Margarito took everything Cotto had to give. He has an iron chin. It was as though Cotto was hitting a brick wall.

Margarito pressed the fight from the first round. He was always on the attack even when losing rounds earlier in the fight. But his persistence paid off. Once he effectively landed the upper-cut later in the fight, he began to notice that he was hurting Cotto. And Cotto's face showed it. He was bleeding from an eye, the mouth and the nose. It was ugly.

Finally in the 11th round, Margarito dropped him. After doubling up and tripling up on the upper-cut, Cotto could take no more and drop to a knee. Once he got up, it was more of the same. The second knock down wasn't even a knock down. Cotto took a knee before being subjected to more punishment by Margarito. As he stood up, his corner threw out the white towel. It was over.

Now I see why so many welterweights (de la Hoya, Mayweather, etc.) have been avoiding Margarito for the past couple of years. But at the end of the fight, he called out de la Hoya. Let's hope the Golden Boy is a man of his word!! :cool:

welch
07-27-2008, 08:52 AM
That's right. Margarito has an iron chin! :rolleyes:

maXimus
07-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Sorry Welch....Cotto is history!! :laugh:

VIVA MEXICO!!!!!!!!! :one:

welch
07-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Congratulations maX for the victory!!!! :cheers:

abduke23
07-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Best fight I've seen in a long time!!!! Margarito has a wusses name but is one tough mother Fer...I heard De la Hoya might not want to fight him after seeing what Cotto's face looked like after the fight... I felt bad for Cotto's son but his wife looked like a bad novela actress trying to cry :lol: Cant wait for the next Margarito fight, viva Viewsat!!!!!

maXimus
07-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Best fight I've seen in a long time!!!! Margarito has a wusses name but is one tough mother Fer...I heard De la Hoya might not want to fight him after seeing what Cotto's face looked like after the fight... I felt bad for Cotto's son but his wife looked like a bad novela actress trying to cry :lol: Cant wait for the next Margarito fight, viva Viewsat!!!!!
In my book it definitely was one of the best!! If De La Hoya is a man, he'll face him. But I have a feeling that he won't be considering it anytime soon. Mayweather's excuse is that he's "retired" although that doesn't mean squat in boxing!!! :laugh:

As for Cotto's son and his wife, I thought that was so lame. He's a boxer and got his butt kicked. Big deal. I've seen their house here. They'll survive. It's part of the business. It's not like he died in the ring or anything. Give me a break!! :rolleyes:

:p :D :laugh: :lol:

abduke23
08-01-2008, 12:56 AM
In my book it definitely was one of the best!! If De La Hoya is a man, he'll face him. But I have a feeling that he won't be considering it anytime soon. Mayweather's excuse is that he's "retired" although that doesn't mean squat in boxing!!! :laugh:

As for Cotto's son and his wife, I thought that was so lame. He's a boxer and got his butt kicked. Big deal. I've seen their house here. They'll survive. It's part of the business. It's not like he died in the ring or anything. Give me a break!! :rolleyes:

:p :D :laugh: :lol:

:clapping: exactly... I hope De la or Mayweather step up...but I doubt it. We need to do another pool for the next big boxing fight just like we did at your house for Tyson Vs. Lewis:lol: I think Zab Judah is up next week...let me know what we can bet hehehehe

maXimus
08-01-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D