PDA

View Full Version : Custom 2.0 ipsw (jailbreak/activate/unlock)

maXimus
07-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Downloads: A new file has been added by maXimus:

Custom 2.0 ipsw (jailbreak/activate/unlock) (http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=130)

This is for the first generation iPhone. You need to be on 1.1.4 firmware!

1. Put iPhone in DFU Mode (not normal recovery mode)!

2. Shift + Restore in iTunes - Windows or Option + Restore in MAC

3. Wait until restore process finishes

4. Wait for Bootneuter to finish!

5. Thats all - Activated/Unlocked/Jailbreaked

*OpenSSH already installed - on first try to SSH the iPhone not work, give 2 or 3 tries to connect.

This firmware works for Booth Bootloaders 4.6 and 3.9

UPDATE
EXPLANATION and some Fixes

1. Why DFU mode?
In DFU mode iTunes Wipes Phone clear and then restores it, this avoids previous PWNAGES and unlocks.

2. If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try:

mkdir
~/Library/iTunes/”Device Support” ;

If that directory already exists, remove any files in it.

3. If DFU restores are giving you trouble, another route to pwned 2.0 for 1G owners is to use our first pwnage at 1.1.4. Once you are pwned there, you can do a normal recovery-mode restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw. BTW the iPhone does not need to be pre-pwned to be able to DFU-restore into a pwned ipsw. It needs to be pre-pwned only for normal recovery-mode restores of custom ipsw’s.

maXimus
07-23-2008, 10:05 PM
I just flashed one of my iPhones and it worked perfectly!! Here is what I did:
Connected iPhone to iTunes in DFU mode
Shift+click Restore
Browse to custom 2.0 ipsw
That's it!!!!
:thumbup:

djdownhill
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Sweet Max,

Gald it worked great for you as well as myself!

vermsky
07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
I have an unlocked 1.1.4 iphone (OTB 1.1.2) and I restored it to original 1.1.4.

I keep getting Error 1600 when I restore with itunes???

djdownhill
07-24-2008, 05:05 PM
I have an unlocked 1.1.4 iphone (OTB 1.1.2) and I restored it to original 1.1.4.

I keep getting Error 1600 when I restore with itunes???
If you are trying to jailbreak 2.0 using pwanage tool and encounter this error while trying to restore in itunes, it means you HAVE NOT CORRECTLY ENTERED DFU MODE.

Right now your ipod is stuck on the screen with the iTunes logo and USB cable logo.

1. Connect ipod to USB cable
2. Close itunes
3. Hold the sleep/home button till the screen is black.
4. Open Pwnage 2.0 and follow the instructions to create the firmware restore package (if you already have one on your desktop from the previous try, delete it)
5. Once you finished the package, the next page will tell you to enter DFU mode.
6. It will tell you to connect USB to the ipod.
7. Disconnect the USB to your ipod and reconnect.
8. Itunes will pop up. Close it.
9. On your ipod screen you will see the itunes logo and USB logo.
10. Pwnage screen will tell you to SHUT OFF IPOD, (but you can't since you're stuck on the screen) so you hold the Sleep/Home button until it starts a countdown to shut off. Once it reaches 0. Release the Sleep button while holding the Home button for another 10 seconds. If you are successful it will tell you that you have successfully entered DFU mode. If you are not successful try again. Just hold the Home/Sleep button and repeat the countdown instructions.
11. If you are successful, itunes will launch. It will ask you if you want to update, click yes. Then you will have a choice to upgrade or restore. If you are on a MAC (hold the option key and click RESTORE and find the firmware package that you built with pwnage and select it).

If you are using a PC, then hold the shift key and click RESTORE and find the firmware package that you built with pwanage and select it.

vermsky
07-24-2008, 05:25 PM
If you are trying to jailbreak 2.0 using pwanage tool and encounter this error while trying to restore in itunes, it means you HAVE NOT CORRECTLY ENTERED DFU MODE.

I did. Even device manager says so. I am not using the pwnage tool. Just doing a Shift + Restore on iTunes 7.7 with the custom IPSW posted above.

djdownhill
07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I did. Even device manager says so. I am not using the pwnage tool. Just doing a Shift + Restore on iTunes 7.7 with the custom IPSW posted above.
?????

If you get Error 1600 from iTunes try: mkdir “~/Library/iTunes/Device Support” ; [this means make that directory, in other words make those folders] if that directory already exists, remove any files in it.

if you still get error 1600, You didnt put into DFU mode correctly. [In iTunes Plug phone in, keeping the phone on Press and hold power and home keys for 10 seconds. Release power key, keep holding home button until iTunes tells you it needs to be restored. Screen will remain black.]

Another possible solution to the 1600 errors are people have reported to not go into dfu mode and just do a normal restore to the custom firmware.[phone must be pwned]

vermsky
07-24-2008, 07:13 PM
mkdir “~/Library/iTunes/Device Support” ; [this means make that directory, in other words make those folders] if that directory already exists, remove any files in it.

iTunes gives me the 1600 error just right after "preparing iPhone for Restore". This command is for mac. I am on winxp.

Anyways, I had a little progress but now it's giving me error 6.

djdownhill
07-24-2008, 07:29 PM
iTunes gives me the 1600 error just right after "preparing iPhone for Restore". This command is for mac. I am on winxp.

Anyways, I had a little progress but now it's giving me error 6.
Try the new version of WinPwn here:

http://www.iphonemodding.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1461