PDA

View Full Version : Jobs to unveil new and improved iPhone on Monday

GraemeCR
06-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Apple's popular device may have more software and a faster network. But price will be key.
By Michelle Quinn, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
5:31 PM PDT, June 8, 2008
Will the next iPhone be thinner, cheaper, perhaps cooler? Will it come with new features such as video chat and a global positioning system? For months, speculation has swirled.

Monday, Steve Jobs, Apple Inc.'s chief executive, is expected to end the guessing game and unveil the second version of the iPhone at Apple's developer conference in San Francisco.

More from the LA Times ..... (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-apple9-2008jun09,0,6433891.story)

Zwayne
06-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info.! I can wait to get my hands on one.....:D

maXimus
06-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I'll be in line!! (but not the first day) :D

GraemeCR
06-08-2008, 10:24 PM
(Southern Hemisphere = south of the equator)

From the Melbourne newspaper "The Age"

... the new $15 million Sydney Apple Store - the company's first in the southern hemisphere.

Johnson, who has overseen Apple's foray into retailing since joining the company in 2000, said the store would open for business on Thursday, June 19, at 5pm.

The new Apple Store will occupy three floors of a newly-refurbished building that stands on the corner of King and George streets in the Sydney CBD.

The timing of the opening indicates that Apple will not have its new 3G iPhone on sale in Australia until at least June 19 and possibly even after that date.

The new iPhone is due to be unveiled by Apple's CEO in the early hours of Tuesday morning, Australian time.

Hey-man
06-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Cool..... :D:D